Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weighing Yourself Every Day

Hi everyone!!

Need some advice here. I would like to know when you weigh yourself. Is it everyday? I weighed myself this morning and nearly passed out. I am really up from the holidays. I did not weigh in during them. Big mistake!!

Thanks!!

I also weigh almost everyday.....I know I fluctuate one to two pounds so I don't let myself stress too much about it being dead on everyday. I find that doing that actually keeps me focused better than once a week. I am also up from the holidays...eek! My xmas goal was to hit the 220's and I did it, coming in at 229 on xmas eve! Unfortunately, I am back at 230-231....damn fudge. I did awesome with everything else but I just munched on the fudge a bit much apparently.

I do the same thing as manatee. However I just use excel. I weigh myself every morning and then record it. Then I determine my average weight for the week and compare it against the average weight for previous weeks. I too look at the trend line. For me (a chemistry teacher) it is all about the numbers. This process is something that I learned from doing Atkins. My dad's doctor actually told him to use this process because if you only weigh once per week, it can have the same type of fluctation as just looking at the numbers daily. For example if you weigh every Sunday and the first Sunday was an abnormally LOW day and the next Sunday is an abnormally HIGH day, it may show a gain (or very little loss) when that is not the case. For some people, 1 time per week or even month works just fine. For me, I am a numbers person (the scientist in me) so I need to see them everyday. To be honest though, I have not seen many fluctuations since I began my new lifestyle with the band. For about 2 weeks during the last part of my unfilled days I was noticing some jumping around, but I have been very lucky to just see the numbers go down. Right now, I think they are going down a little too fast. 6 lbs in 1 week. Sounds great right? I don't think is good for my health. I've gotta up the calories today.

Hi everyone!!

Need some advice here. I would like to know when you weigh yourself. Is it everyday? I weighed myself this morning and nearly passed out. I am really up from the holidays. I did not weigh in during them. Big mistake!!

Thanks!!

One other thing. Did you eat stuff with a lot of salt? That could be the reason for the big gain. It is called false fat and we were just having this conversation on the July board. Your body will hold on to a LOT of excess Water if you ate too much salt. Also, if you ate a lot more carbs than you normally do, that too could be the case. It takes something like 8 pounds of Water to digest 1 pound of carbs (my biochem class) while it takes considerably less to digest Protein. So, with that information, if you go back to the bandster rules, up the Protein and lower the carbs and salt for a bit (not eliminate, just lower) than those extra pounds should come right off.

I weigh myself every day -- absolutely. I think it helps tremendously to keep me on track. I too, look at trends and averages and use the weight loss ticker website to chart my progress.

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

17/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I'm a daily weigher myself (just can't resist it), but I only count MOndays (unless there's a nice loss in-between). I usually skip Fridays (since it's jeans day at work) and weekends (because I weigh at the office). It's nice since I usually lose over the weekend and come in Monday to a few lbs less on the scale!

Thanks everyone! Daily it is. I use sparkpeople.com to log my weight each week. I am having a rough time getting this all together but I will do it!!!