Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 45year old male who is 2.5 years post RNY.

I have always been bad at my Protein, calorie and Water intake. Started to drink multiple coffees a day. Typical male never remembered to take Vitamins or supplements on a regular basis.

I have never really tracked anything AND I am now seeing the results. After my initial 120lb weightless, I have regained approx. 40 lbs in the past 8 months. I have very dry skin and scalp and my teeth are starting to chip very easy.

I am now starting back with my Daily Multi-Vitamin and calcium citrate.

I really think an app on my phone OR maybe picking up an apple watch would help me with keeping track of intake. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks, 😊

I use the MyFitnessPal site and phone app to track my foods and exercise - it is free so maybe start with that and see how you go with it before paying for a fancy watch.

To use the site though you do have to know the measurement or weight of the food you are eating so if you don't already have a decent kitchen scales maybe invest in one. I got a small one on Amazon that has a little container on it which is great for measuring oats etc..

I have used my fitness pal for years . It’s easy to use . Not complicated at all!

8 hours ago, Dex said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 45year old male who is 2.5 years post RNY.

I have always been bad at my Protein, calorie and Water intake. Started to drink multiple coffees a day. Typical male never remembered to take Vitamins or supplements on a regular basis.

I have never really tracked anything AND I am now seeing the results. After my initial 120lb weightless, I have regained approx. 40 lbs in the past 8 months. I have very dry skin and scalp and my teeth are starting to chip very easy.

I am now starting back with my Daily Multi-Vitamin and calcium citrate.

I really think an app on my phone OR maybe picking up an apple watch would help me with keeping track of intake. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks, 😊

Baritastic App is very good. If you see a dietician they can access it and work with you. Get back on the horse, get your fluids in. I'm 3 months post op RNY. The Dietician has me at 100 Grams of Protein and 59 grams of carbs. I'm sure you being a couple years post op would require different numbers. But, it's a good starting point until you can get in to see a doctor or dietician. Never stop moving.

I use the Baritastic app. It tracks food macros and Fluid intake. I track EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth, even Condiments and coffee. LOL It helps immensely with staying on track.

My Apple watch doesn't help with intake. It helps me remember to stand hourly. It counts my steps. It annoys me with messages all day. It reminds me to take my meds and Vitamins. But it doesn't help with meals. Though there might be something to set in it to help with that? I just don't because my meal times vary a bit depending on when I wake up and eat my first meal.

I highly suggest you get a pill case and dose out your vitamins for the whole week, or in my case, the whole month! A dietician can provide you with a list of supplementation or you can hunt down the ASMBS guidelines for your surgery, that's what most good dieticians use.

It sounds like you may need to be watching your Protein, fat, and Calcium intake. Many people a few years out from the various surgeries start to show nutritional deficiencies if they haven't been keeping up with their protein intake and supplementation. Good hydration is important too. If you can, it would be wise to go have bariatric labs drawn, your GP can do this if you aren't still seeing your surgery center. A bariatric practice could do this too and would be good to follow up with if you are struggling with regain and getting back on track. You can do this!!

I am pending revision and just started with the Baritastic app too. I like it. It’s super easy to use. Set reminders to take your Vitamins. Soon you will find yourself remembering to take them and silencing it before it goes off but a recurring reminder will prevent slips.