Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having this problem???

Hi ~ This is my first time to post.

I was banded on Nov 29, 07. My only complaint is my mouth has been broken out for about 2 1/2 weeks. My lips are swollen and red also inside my mouth are a few small blisters. I thought maybe an allergic reaction to the fruit juices, so I stopped that. Maybe the vitamins.... stopped them. No change... maybe yeast? I'm trying the over the counter capsules for that now. I crush a zoloft and celebrex and mix with yogurt. These aren't fever blisters either. Any more ideas what could be happening??? Of course, "It's the holidays", is my only excuse for not going to the Dr yet.. Any suggestions or advice? I don't want to be seen :think ~~ Thank you !

I am a dental hygienist and need more info. How long has this been happening. Steady or on and off. Have you tried Benadryl? Burning, itching? Dont discount the herpes virus yet. Just the lips or mouth too. besides your band ANYTHING else new.

Hi ~ This is my first time to post.

I was banded on Nov 29, 07. My only complaint is my mouth has been broken out for about 2 1/2 weeks. My lips are swollen and red also inside my mouth are a few small blisters. I thought maybe an allergic reaction to the fruit juices, so I stopped that. Maybe the Vitamins.... stopped them. No change... maybe yeast? I'm trying the over the counter capsules for that now. I crush a zoloft and celebrex and mix with yogurt. These aren't fever blisters either. Any more ideas what could be happening??? Of course, "It's the holidays", is my only excuse for not going to the Dr yet.. Any suggestions or advice? I don't want to be seen :think ~~ Thank you !

Might be thrush or Hand foot and mouth disease (Not really a disease just a virus ) . But it sounds like you need to be seen . It really sounds more like Hand Foot and mouth . Its VERY contagious so be very careful around others. You need to go in and be seen if that is what it is to verify .

Check your hands and feet to see if you have any little blisters on them

Sometimes they show up there sometimes they do not .

I would get to the doc !

Mindy

I was banded on wed 12/19. I am really sore where the band is and my shoulder really hurts. any suggestions?

Gas X your shoulder hurts from the Gas pains

Mindy

Hand, foot and mouth will rarely isolate to just lips. Is it further in your mouth??

She said " My lips are swollen and red also inside my mouth are a few small blisters" Also "rarely " does not mean it wont.

My son had it so badly he was hospitalized for 4 days , he was so combatant no one bothered to look into his mouth , he had sores all the way down his esophagus. by the time they released him we ALL had it . My best friends family , her DD got it just a few blisters on her lips , her husband got it much worse, lips , mouth , down his throat, Her older daughter just on her lips.

Margie , have you gotten it checked out yet ?

Mindy

did you ever figure out what this was ??

Mindy

I was also baned on the 19 and I had that same experience. I just continued taking the pain medication they gave me from the hospital, and for the most part it is gone. Where are you from I am from Houston. I hope my reply helps. Take Care!

I was banded on 12/21 My doctor's office said that pain in the shoulder after this surgery is usually trapped gas from the inflating of your stomache. If you walk it helps move the air out. Also they suggested chewable gas-ex pills. I cut hair for a living and went back to work 12/26. I raise my arms all day and am on my feet. I feel pretty great other than a little soarness in the port area.