Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, hildajaneb2 said:

Iam one year on March 31, i was261 on surgery day and one year later I'm 221.so I feel how you are feeling. I feel like i never even had the rny..nothing bothers me i can eat anything i have never had foamies,vomitted,or had the dumping.i drink more than the daily recommendations of water.i exercise 30 mintues 3 times a week and i have been th ame weight since last september.i hmave not gained any nor have i lost any.At my one year check up the dr did a fluoroscopy,she state my pouch was right how its supposed to be.my labs are all on point.so iam i done with losing any more weight? its so frustrating. oh yes get my 60 to 80 grams of protien in.i dont know what iam doing wrong.

It’s so frustrating i wonder if for me something else is holding me back like pcos, I’ve had it my whole life. Im also curious if having the drastic weight loss pre surgery affected post surgery and has made it less significant. I’m just as lost and confused here but we’re lost and confused together! Have you tried asking about phentermine or another medication? Pre surgery Mounjaro and phentermine really worked well for me.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:31 PM, invisiblyhappy said:

It’s so frustrating i wonder if for me something else is holding me back like pcos, I’ve had it my whole life. Im also curious if having the drastic weight loss pre surgery affected post surgery and has made it less significant. I’m just as lost and confused here but we’re lost and confused together! Have you tried asking about phentermine or another medication? Pre surgery Mounjaro and phentermine really worked well for me.

PCOS is absolutely something that will make this harder. I have it, and I've had to fight for every pound lost. PCOS causes, among other things, weight gain without the real ability to lose the weight. It just holds on to it. While there's no actual "pouch reset" per se, there is the option to get back to basics with what you eat, how much, how often, and how you move your body. It's more resetting your mind and reminding your body what it's supposed to do and not do.

For me PERSONALLY, on non work out days, I eat around 1100 - 1200 calories, 25-30g of carbs, 50g or less of HEALTHY fats, and 60-70g of Protein. I will drink 64oz of fluids typically. On work out days, I eat 1300-1400 calories, 40-50g of carbs, 55-65g of HEALTHY fats, and 80-90g of protein. I'll drink 90oz of fluids per day, with at least 20oz being either a Propel electrolyte Water or a Gatorade Zero.

For work outs, I started off small in the beginning. I walked on the treadmill, rode the exercise bike, did water exercises. Once I lost my first 60 pounds or so after surgery, I started adding in walking around my neighborhood and light arm weights. When I hit 100 pounds down, I increased my arm weights to full blown weight training, added in core/strength training, and kicked up my cardio. While I still keep to my eating schedule, I change up what food I eat based on the kind of work out I do that day.

And I switch it up, meaning I don't do cardio on Monday, core training on Tuesday, weight training on Wednesday, etc... I change up the order I do my work outs and what types of core exercises I do or cardio I do, etc... Keeping my body confused about what I'm doing each day makes everything I do more impactful and makes more of a difference.

I also make sure to take my Multivitamin every day, I take a collagen & Biotin supplement, I take a Fiber supplement (on top of the fiber I eat because Constipation and I are old frenemies at this point), I take coq10, echinacea, and I am sugar free as much as possible (or at the very least, no sugar added, and when I need a sweetener, I use Monk Fruit sweetener) and salt free (if I absolutely need it, I use pink Himalayan salt). I also drink green tea every morning for my caffeine as well as because it's a mild appetite suppressant (sometimes I have one at lunch, too, if I'm just dragging at work, but that's on top of my normal Fluid intake).

5 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

PCOS is absolutely something that will make this harder. I have it, and I've had to fight for every pound lost. PCOS causes, among other things, weight gain without the real ability to lose the weight. It just holds on to it. While there's no actual "pouch reset" per se, there is the option to get back to basics with what you eat, how much, how often, and how you move your body. It's more resetting your mind and reminding your body what it's supposed to do and not do.

For me PERSONALLY, on non work out days, I eat around 1100 - 1200 calories, 25-30g of carbs, 50g or less of HEALTHY fats, and 60-70g of Protein. I will drink 64oz of fluids typically. On work out days, I eat 1300-1400 calories, 40-50g of carbs, 55-65g of HEALTHY fats, and 80-90g of Protein. I'll drink 90oz of fluids per day, with at least 20oz being either a Propel electrolyte Water or a Gatorade Zero.

For work outs, I started off small in the beginning. I walked on the treadmill, rode the exercise bike, did Water exercises. Once I lost my first 60 pounds or so after surgery, I started adding in walking around my neighborhood and light arm weights. When I hit 100 pounds down, I increased my arm weights to full blown weight training, added in core/strength training, and kicked up my cardio. While I still keep to my eating schedule, I change up what food I eat based on the kind of work out I do that day.

And I switch it up, meaning I don't do cardio on Monday, core training on Tuesday, weight training on Wednesday, etc... I change up the order I do my work outs and what types of core exercises I do or cardio I do, etc... Keeping my body confused about what I'm doing each day makes everything I do more impactful and makes more of a difference.

I also make sure to take my Multivitamin every day, I take a collagen & Biotin supplement, I take a Fiber supplement (on top of the Fiber I eat because Constipation and I are old frenemies at this point), I take coq10, echinacea, and I am sugar free as much as possible (or at the very least, no sugar added, and when I need a sweetener, I use Monk Fruit sweetener) and salt free (if I absolutely need it, I use pink Himalayan salt). I also drink green tea every morning for my caffeine as well as because it's a mild appetite suppressant (sometimes I have one at lunch, too, if I'm just dragging at work, but that's on top of my normal Fluid intake).

Thank you so much ! I was kind of waiting for some weight to fall off that exercising felt comfortable but maybe that’s what’s keeping me in trouble. After meeting with my nutritionist she told me to be around 1100 calories and under 130g of carbs. I don’t get anywhere near that number in carbs but I’m paying attention at least. My body genuinely hurts and aches so exercise has always been something I wanted to throw on the back burner.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:31 PM, invisiblyhappy said:

It’s so frustrating i wonder if for me something else is holding me back like pcos, I’ve had it my whole life.

I definitely think having PCOS can be holding you back. I also have PCOS and according to an endocrinologist I had years ago, ev1 that has PCOS is insulin resistant. He put me on Metformin even though I wasn’t diabetic and it definitely helped me when I ate properly. We don’t metabolize carbs well and in my experience tend to lose more weight if our carbs are more restricted…..ie lower carb diet, staying away from simple carbs like sugar, noodles, rice, potatoes and sticking with complex carbs like whole grains and carbs from veggies and Beans. Like ev1 else has said, everybody is a little different and you’ll eventually find what works for you. Wishing you luck!