Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That Old Feeling and Bah Humbug

Well, I was sort of slowly cruising into the Holiday food thing, and the last two days, life ganged up on me and now its gloom and doom.

I'm pathetic and weak, and I am praying its temporary but the food just keeps pouring into the house. I feel like a failure (yes I know you've read this sort of thing before) but I just need to say this to people who understand.

Kind gifts, husband in holiday mode, children eat eat eating, and so I finally succumbed.

I didn't even think I needed my second fill yet ... till yesterday. I woke up this morning absolutely ravenous.......why ? Suddenly, it must be a mental thing, I can't believe it. :omg:

I have also decided I need to change my job, as that is something that has just proved too stressful, and I'm not that concerned about doing this, but telling them, that scares the hell out of me and gives me panic attack :)

:help:

I thought for only the second time in my life I could get by the Holidays without being Out of Control.

Any help and tips I will suck up like a sponge :nervous

Please don't make yourself feel too badly. I had decided to enjoy the holidays, although also trying not to over endulge. Then I will get my second fill on January 2nd. So if I eat a little more than I should with my family who I have not seen in years - I am not going to beat myself up. But actually, I am really looking forward to second fill. Yeaaa.

My band works well even with one fill. I see myself quiting where before I would not have even been close to stopping. Have a good Christmas.

Thanks for the post HoustonHoney ;)

Reading the posts it seems like a lot of us a hurting, what with the time of year, the pressure and of course the food.

I'll just try and ride out the season and begin again :mad:

I agree with Houston Honey - I reckon I put on a pound or two on Christmas day alone! But the way I see it, if I didn't have the band, I'd have put on a whole lot more and it has already helped me loose a heap of weight.

Come January, I'll get back on to the proper eating routine and I know I'll have to exercise a whole lot more, but it's all achieveable, it just takes time. And it's been a lot of fun having some nice dinners with friends during Christmas as well!

Please don't make yourself feel too badly. I had decided to enjoy the holidays, although also trying not to over endulge. Then I will get my second fill on January 2nd. So if I eat a little more than I should with my family who I have not seen in years - I am not going to beat myself up. But actually, I am really looking forward to second fill. Yeaaa.

My band works well even with one fill. I see myself quiting where before I would not have even been close to stopping. Have a good Christmas.

verbatim how i fell..my 2nd fill is even on jan 2nd. i was so frustrated and beating myself up and almost in tears every day, then my doc said..hey don't worry about it...eat...you'll start losing again, and besides this may be the last christmas that you can eat as much.

i know for a fact that i could not eat as much this year as i could've last year, but i still want to eat less...and i will. it will come. i got severly depressed from just thinking about it all the time, and that was only making it worse..i wanted ice cream, etc.

now, i've told myself to relax and wait for the restriction. my next fill is 1/2 and i'm not going to kill myself until i have some help. i'm happy to report the cravings have went away. i'm now craving meat and greens.

Bandster 1007 - how did your fill go...are you noticing a difference? You've been on my mind and I'm wondering how you are doing and if you have hit your 'sweet spot' yet.

I was really afraid I was gaining over the holidays (so I refused to get on the scale). After a really horrible day at work yesterday, I decided to face everything unpleasant and get it over with. So I made myself get on the scale this morning!

To my surprise I lost another 1.5 pounds (and I was certain I had gained). So be not dismayed fellow bandsters, the news may not be as bad as you think it will be!!

-Becky :o

becky.

i posted about my fill today actually. i'm very tight. i feel everything that passes my lips. i've drank no Water today and i have only been drinking things that have Protein and i can barely get those in. i've been sipping some muscle milk for about an hour. and today for the first time ever, i had morning band. so, i know it's there now.

before i could guzzle and gulp and everything...now i sip..and sip and sip. i'm sure i will have some help with this fill.

thank you so much for asking.

oh, and i told my doctor about how i could eat 4 pieces of pizza and he told me that he was going to make me tight..and boy did he.

he was not happy that i had not lost, and that convinced him that he needed to be more aggressive in my fills, so he was.

Don't forget, we're also learning this whole new "band thing." I'm constantly having to remind myself that I have to control what I put into my mouth - the band doesn't do that.

I did eat things over Christmas that I wasn't supposed to, but it wasn't nearly like last year - for that alone I think I can Celebrate.

This is a learning process. And, we're all still new and still getting to that 'sweet spot' on our fills. Haven't gotten there yet but go for 3rd fill soon!