Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ex-wives are bitches

.....it's easy.....she turned into a Bitch.....HAR!!!!!

Yah, but I was kinda hoping you would be sitting on my knee while we were talking about this, eh, ya know.......... :kiss2:

re: "kinda hoping you would be sitting on my knee while we were talking about this, eh, ya know.......... ".....

I dunno.....seems a little Freudian to me.....

That was the tone I was aiming for. Haha. :)

In my experience, the best way to find love in your heart for someone is to serve them. It will be hard to suck up that pride, but oh so worth it in the end. Do something very nice for that person.

Serving others does way more for you than it ever will for them.

So offer to do something nice for her and you'll be surprised to find that you will begin to love her as you serve. You may never be best buds, but at least you won't have all of these negative feelings in you. Not good for weight loss.

Green, not much to say about the ex wife of DH's. I really don't know her. She didn't like the 2nd wife either (she died). The kids are grown, mine and his so they visit a little more than they did when he was with wife #2. She tries to imtimadate me if we are even in the vicinity of each other (which has only been twice). I think that she thought when #2 died that she'd get him back. Then we met each other and he chased me (of course I slowed long enough for him to catch me, LOL) and we married. We have accomplished a lot since we've been together (they didn't cause HE SAID that she didn't want anything.) I'd be try to be nice to her if she'd allow me, but I'd rather just let those sleeping dogs lie. My ex's wife doesn't live near me (they are ALL the way in another state), but the relationship wasn't good at first and when I decided to forgive and let that chapter of my life go, we can be "nicey" to each other when we see each other. I come in contact with her more than DH's ex because of our children. DH's children tend to migrate to their mom.

I know that I can and will be mean to her if she pushes the right buttons so I'd just keep that from happening by staying away from her. Believe me Ex DH's wife HAS seen my wrath. LOL

Have a blessed and Happy New Year.

In my experience, the best way to find love in your heart for someone is to serve them. It will be hard to suck up that pride, but oh so worth it in the end. Do something very nice for that person.

Serving others does way more for you than it ever will for them.

So offer to do something nice for her and you'll be surprised to find that you will begin to love her as you serve. You may never be best buds, but at least you won't have all of these negative feelings in you. Not good for weight loss.

This cynical atheist agrees with you, sweethot. I do believe that we prosper on a deep emotional level by performing acts of kindness towards others. I am one of those people who holds doors open for people who are elderly or who are lumbered down with small kids and strollers and I always let someone who only has one or two items go ahead of me in a check-out line. And I encourage people to talk about themselves and their concerns and interests. The truth is that this makes my life life more interesting and much more fun. It is certainly infinitely less painful for me, a natural cynic and a depressive, to live in this fashion. If I were to choose to harbour bitterness my life would be very difficult indeed.

And there is that saying, you know the one, living well is the best revenge, and this is true, I think. The best way to get over an injury is to move on with your own life. This is often difficult to do. I myself have been damaged by a number of individuals whom I loved but it is worth making the attempt. Making a deliberate point of performing acts of kindness towards others is a splendid way of choosing to remove yourself from your own self and your inner bitterness and pain.

Green, not much to say about the ex wife of DH's. I really don't know her. She didn't like the 2nd wife either (she died). The kids are grown, mine and his so they visit a little more than they did when he was with wife #2. She tries to imtimadate me if we are even in the vicinity of each other (which has only been twice). I think that she thought when #2 died that she'd get him back. Then we met each other and he chased me (of course I slowed long enough for him to catch me, LOL) and we married. We have accomplished a lot since we've been together (they didn't cause HE SAID that she didn't want anything.) I'd be try to be nice to her if she'd allow me, but I'd rather just let those sleeping dogs lie. My ex's wife doesn't live near me (they are ALL the way in another state), but the relationship wasn't good at first and when I decided to forgive and let that chapter of my life go, we can be "nicey" to each other when we see each other. I come in contact with her more than DH's ex because of our children. DH's children tend to migrate to their mom.

I know that I can and will be mean to her if she pushes the right buttons so I'd just keep that from happening by staying away from her. Believe me Ex DH's wife HAS seen my wrath. LOL

Have a blessed and Happy New Year.

This is a sad tale. Obviously this is a chick who has been unable to move on. Your chances of making a friend out of this woman are absolutely zero. It is, however, sad that the kids cannot see beyond this and opt to be on good terms with all of you. Perhaps one day they will be able to understand that they can remain loyal to their damaged mum and also come to cherish their father and you, his mate. This would be a very fine thing, I think. Thanks for the kind wishes.

This is a sad tale. Obviously this is a chick who has been unable to move on. Your chances of making a friend out of this woman are absolutely zero. It is, however, sad that the kids cannot see beyond this and opt to be on good terms with all of you. Perhaps one day they will be able to understand that they can remain loyal to their damaged mum and also come to cherish their father and you, his mate. This would be a very fine thing, I think. Thanks for the kind wishes.

The kids are a product of her "tales". I'm sure their father was a hard pill to swallow at times (believe me, I know,LOL), but I would think after becoming adults they could see him in a different light cause he did and I repeat he DID work hard to take care of them all. He even came back home to her after their divorce to help her catch up with the bills (before he married #2). My kids love my DH and they love their stepmom and they respect her. Like I said "after I forgave and moved on, I taught my kids to respect Ex DH's wife. I had to grow and see the glass half full rather than half empty. Bitterness eats and then begets bitterness. I have been very blessed with this DH. Hope that DH's Ex finds someone to occupy her time. LOL

Thanks for listening, it rather good to vent in a good way.

The kids are a product of her "tales". I'm sure their father was a hard pill to swallow at times (believe me, I know,LOL), but I would think after becoming adults they could see him in a different light cause he did and I repeat he DID work hard to take care of them all. He even came back home to her after their divorce to help her catch up with the bills (before he married #2). My kids love my DH and they love their stepmom and they respect her. Like I said "after I forgave and moved on, I taught my kids to respect Ex DH's wife. I had to grow and see the glass half full rather than half empty. Bitterness eats and then begets bitterness. I have been very blessed with this DH. Hope that DH's Ex finds someone to occupy her time. LOL

Thanks for listening, it rather good to vent in a good way.

So this has been a very cool thing for us who have be talking to each other. That makes me very happy. The truth is that all of us who are able to to vent and to discuss with each other our concerns and our pains are very lucky folks, I think. It is those cats who find themselves trapped within the framework of those old issues and poisons and who find themselves unable themelves to let go and move on who are at the greatest risk. Certainly these are the unhappiest folk in the world.

Once upon a time I was 11 years old and had a single mother who dated. She ended up meeting the man she's married to now, 23 years later, just before I turned 12 years old. At the age of 11 I figured out what my mother was doing in the bedroom with the men she dated and it disgusted me. I absolutely hated everything about her having sex. It was not a moral issue for me. So maybe it really is your bf's 11 year old daughter that said something to her mother about it making her uncomfortable. Maybe your daughter is feeling the same way... or will be soon. One thing I will tell you is that I have never gotten the following comment out of my head that my mother said to me at the age of 11, "Once you have sex your body just needs it." YUCK!!!! The thought of her saying that to me still makes me cringe!!! So if you're going to talk about what adults do with a 10 or 11 year old-choose the words carefully.

You stated here that your bf ex-wife seems to be a nice lady, and my personal opinion is that maybe you should give her the benefit of the doubt. This is her childs father, so there will probably always be a part of her that is curious about what is going on in his life. Not necessarily because she wants him back, but because she wants to know that her daughter is in a good situation when she's with her father and his friends.

I will go on to say that as an ex girlfriend from a long term relationship there are times that I am still curious about what's going on in the life of my former bf. Not because I, in any way-shape-or form, want to be with him.... just curious. If there was someone that I could ask without sounding "curious-interested in re-establishing a relationship" I would, but there isn't so I don't.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that you may just be over-reacting to what happened in your former relationship with an ex who clearly had some issue's.

I wish you the best, but more importantly I wish the best for the children involved in this situation.

Happy New Year!

So this has been a very cool thing for us who have be talking to each other. That makes me very happy. The truth is that all of us who are able to to vent and to discuss with each other our concerns and our pains are very lucky folks, I think. It is those cats who find themselves trapped within the framework of those old issues and poisons and who find themselves unable themelves to let go and move on who are at the greatest risk. Certainly these are the unhappiest folk in the world.

23_30_126.gif

Here-here

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

No kidding Laurend.

Firefly - I don't know what the "real" story is and I don't care. For the most part real is only in the eye of the beholder. V isn't posting these comments here to stir things up so there is no reason for you to either.

V - congratulations on your weight loss to date. Keep up the good work and don't let anything posted here scare you away from LBT.

Voondahbah, I'd suggest that you print off these posts as proof of harassment, so that if anything DOES happen at your workplace, you've got something to show to your human resources department.

Edited to add: BTW, if those posts get deleted before you can do that, I've taken screenshots that I can email to you if you need them.

Voondahbah, Voondahbah, Voondahbah. The thing is you are lying about everything. See everyone... here's the real story. The reason I know is because I've had the privilege of working with her current and last BF's and the misfortune of working with her. The truth of the matter is this....

It's kind of sad that you felt it necessary to post this. This forum is a place where people who struggle with weight issues go to find support. The great thing about it is that we can be as anonymous as we want to. The things we say here are being vented to people who don't know us, and this allows us to get responses from people who are not biased to our situation.

Nobody is perfect, and I can see by the original post that V has her own issues, but to be called out like this in what should be considered a "safe place" is pretty darn crappy.

So clearly you have your own issues to want to anonymously cause someone this kind of humiliation.