Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We're headed out Thursday for a few nights and were curious about some good recipes or ideas for food. We'll be in an RV so I can make just about anything, but we really want camping centric foods. I don't want things typically made at home if possible. Apparently, im not very creative. I'm in soft stage.

I haven't been camping in about 30 years. We always ate junk food when we camped. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, canned foods. I'd say that the healthiest things we ever ate would be the Breakfast foods. Bacon, eggs, pancakes.

One-pot meals that you can prep before leaving would be the easiest to manage, I would think.

Sorry, I know that's not much help.

We park our RV at the lake for the season and spend almost every weekend there. A bit less this year since the surgery. I call it glamping because there's internet, AC and Netflix. LOL

For soft food phase, I like to make a big roast in my Instapot, then shred it , adding SF BBQ Sauce with a side of baked Beans, coleslaw or pea salad. Sometimes I'll make a low-fat gravy/ shredded roast beef or chicken and put over mashed potato. Grilled asparagus is always good or any other cooked green veggie. Ground beef Sloppy Joes is another alternative with low-fat cottage cheese. Big pot of chili or Soup if it's a cool night. My beverage of choice besides Water is ice cold Crystal Light Raspberry Tea. And my freezer is stocked with SF Popsicles/Fudgesicles. Not the typical camping food but it works.

On occasion I allow myself a 3 carb whole wheat tortilla for making a wrap. But then I'm on normal diet phase now. I'm holding back on grilled steak atm or hamburger/hotdogs. And I can't eat anything from the marina grill. Everything is deep fat fried except for a $10 green salad with grilled chicken which I haven't tried yet. Definitely need to catch more fish this year. I ate most of what was in the freezer during my pre-op diet. Baked oven crisp crappie, walleye, white bass and catfish. Yum

Hope you have fun and enjoy your trip!!

3 minutes ago, BabySpoons said:

We park our RV at the lake for the season and spend almost every weekend there. A bit less this year since the surgery. I call it glamping because there's internet, AC and Netflix. LOL

For soft food phase, I like to make a big roast in my Instapot, then shred it , adding SF BBQ Sauce with a side of baked Beans, coleslaw or pea salad. Sometimes I'll make a low-fat gravy/ shredded roast beef or chicken and put over mashed potato. Grilled asparagus is always good or any other cooked green veggie. Ground beef Sloppy Joes is another alternative with low-fat cottage cheese. Big pot of chili or Soup if it's a cool night. My beverage of choice besides Water is ice cold Crystal Light Raspberry Tea. And my freezer is stocked with SF Popsicles/Fudgesicles. Not the typical camping food but it works.

On occasion I allow myself a 3 carb whole wheat tortilla for making a wrap. But then I'm on normal diet phase now. I'm holding back on grilled steak atm or hamburger/hotdogs. And I can't eat anything from the marina grill. Everything is deep fat fried except for a $10 green salad with grilled chicken which I haven't tried yet. Definitely need to catch more fish this year. I ate most of what was in the freezer during my pre-op diet. Baked oven crisp crappie, walleye, white bass and catfish. Yum

Hope you have fun and enjoy your trip!!

A fellow RVer! Great ideas. And they all sound delicious.

Enjoy the camping season!

Any ideas for a good Bariatric trail mix? I used to mix peanuts, raisins and M&Ms to snack on at the lake. Would dry fruit be too much like candy and cause dumping???

3 hours ago, BabySpoons said:

Any ideas for a good Bariatric trail mix? I used to mix peanuts, raisins and M&Ms to snack on at the lake. Would dry fruit be too much like candy and cause dumping???

I can't have any of that yet. I'm going to make my own "lunchables" for lunches and Snacks.

3 hours ago, BabySpoons said:

Freeze-dried fruits instead of dried fruits might do you well. Freeze dried strawberries have a nice crunchy texture, but there's nothing to them but air. No added sugar like regular dried fruit, which is basically candy.