Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting my procedure at So. San Fran. I took my initial class in Nov, and had to wait about 6 weeks to have the 1st psych appt. After that it it was a month to my MD consult. My 1st procedure was finally sched in May, after jumping through all the hoops (including weight loss goal from MD). Unfortunately, I had an insurance change so it was delayed to June. Then I caught COVID at a family wedding and was delayed to next week. Kaiser requires a 6-week wait after a COVID diagnosis. Once you are accepted for surgery, be very careful about exposure. Covid is rough (even with Paxlovid), and the long delay for surgery makes it more depressing. Mask up until surgery. I just had my 3rd pre-op visit with the MD today, and he is happy with my continued weight loss, so we are now a "Go". Yay!

I am schedule for August 31st. Very nervous and excited. I can and can not wait😂 I am trying not to be so overly anxious about it, It is scary, but in a good way!

Hi All!

Well, I did it! Yesterday morning (8/16/23) I had the surgery. The MD said the surgery went well, and on the outside, I only have 5 small incision spots, and they are all small.

My being up at 2:30am is not because of the surgery, but for the potty, and decided to take my pain meds, as well. My brain got working, so I decided to share.

I know that everyone's case is different, but mine has been pretty darn smooth. What surprised me most is that I have more pain from the gas (subsiding) than the incisions. I figured that cutting me up and taking out a major chunk would be seriously painful afterward, and had a pre-op discussion with my doc about only getting gabapentin for pain. I totally understand the current ban on giving codeine, but post-op limited quantities should not be a ridiculous request. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, 15 (or so) hours after surgery, I am doing well! There still is some gas pain, but not much. My incision sites are sore to the touch, but no major aches/pains. I guess my doc has done this before! ;-)

My throat was very sore from the the things passed down it, so had my hubby get some chloraseptic mouth spray. It numbs your throat and was a great help for swallowing. I don't need it now. However, SIPPING is the rule! I got major gas feedback from anything I ingested, still do to a lesser extent. I am posting a pic of the post-op drinks I have for the first 2 days. Doc told me hydration was most important, followed by Protein for first 2-3 days. I got both from Amazon, and they come in a variety of flavors. Diabetics beware: they also add fake sugars (erythritol, scralose), though not much. So far, I have had 1.5 of the Protein2O since surgery. Later today I will do better, as swallowing is getting easier.

Anyway, I am moving slowly, and a bit unsteady on my feet, but walking around the house does help to get rid of some of the gas. Sitting here typing gets me scrunched up, and that is not good for the gas, so I will close for now. I hope this all helps all that are still awaiting surgery. 🙂

Have a great day!

20230817_032631.jpg

Hi to all. Surgery is scheduled for 8-24. So glad to have found this site. Reading your stories makes me feel far less alone in this journey. So appreciative of the advice and wisdom shared here. Hopefully one day in the future, I can be that inspiring voice to someone else as they walk this path.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:30 PM, Lori Vicky said:

I am schedule for August 31st. Very nervous and excited. I can and can not wait😂 I am trying not to be so overly anxious about it, It is scary, but in a good way!

Surgery date buddies!! I’m the 31st too 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

S/p 4 days and it has been the worst surgical experience I have had in my life! Worst than giving birth to both my children! I had to stay in the hospital for 4 days! Just getting home today! Contemplated my entire life. The Paine was unbearable and no on wanted to give me pain medication. They were horrible! My best friend had a hiatal hernia repair and revision done the next day and had the same exact thing happened to her only a different hospital! God awful! Made me regret my decision

It should hopefully get better soon! I was lucky and didn't have pain. But the fever I got around day 10 had me in my head for sure.

Hi All, it’s been 15 days and I go in and out of strength, today I’m feeling very weak. Is this normal at this stage?

Hi All, it’s been 15 days and I go in and out of strength, today I’m feeling very weak. Is this normal at this stage?

On 9/5/2023 at 11:20 AM, Nissi88 said:

That's about the timeframe I hit the wall for feeling weak and major fatigue. It was an effort to go upstairs...or even want to walk. I told my GP and they gave me a B12 shot..finally a week later I'm getting past it. Just hang on for a few days or check with your doctor. It will eventually pass as long as you're following the program your surgeon set up!

Hi Everyone! Had my gastric sleeve & hiatal hernia repair on 8/23! Im 5 weeks post op & still sooooo paranoid over any little pain or discomfort that I get. Chewing thoroughly and waiting between bites is getting a lot easier but it’s still difficult meeting my Protein & fluid goals