Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I had the gastric bypass 6/22 and have been dealing with nausea. Well she said I had a gallstones and had my gall bladder removed came to find out it was only one and it was a small one. I'm still dealing with the nausea a month after surgery. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do to treat? I'm tierd of have tests ran and surgeries.

I had my surgery 10 years ago and to this day I'm still having nausea and vomiting. I have to take promethazine suppository 4X a day. I had the Roux en Y.

Do you take anti nausea medications ? I take mine twice a day

It could be the Iron supplement you are taking. I have taken a Vitamin without iron since my early days because of sickness. My bloods are fine

Are you getting enough liquids, lack of liquids can make you nauseous

Its miserable when you feel like this, I hope you get it sorted soon

6 hours ago, Decemberluv said:

I had my surgery 10 years ago and to this day I'm still having nausea and vomiting. I have to take promethazine suppository 4X a day. I had the Roux en Y.

Omgoodness I'm so sorry to hear this I'm not doing any vomiting mine is like a dry heave . I'm going to be honest if I had known this I probably wouldn't have had the surgery . The thing Is I don't know when it's going to come so I keep peppermint on me. I've tried all the the overcounter meds and my Dr only gave me one prescription which is Ondansetron and it doesn't help. Thank You so much and I hope you better !

5 hours ago, summerseeker said:

Do you take anti nausea medications ? I take mine twice a day

It could be the Iron supplement you are taking. I have taken a Vitamin without Iron since my early days because of sickness. My bloods are fine

Are you getting enough liquids, lack of liquids can make you nauseous

Its miserable when you feel like this, I hope you get it sorted soon

Hellooo, I've tried everything over the counter nothing seems to help . I have a prescription called Ondansetron and it doesn't help either. My blood tests ran that my iron was low but she never suggested that could be the problem. Sometimes I can't get all of my fluids in because of the nausea. Even different scents makes me feel very sick 😫. Thank You so much for responding 😊

I’m exactly 1 month Post Op! Regular Water makes me nauseous, the thought of drinking a Protein Shake makes me nauseous. sugar free popsicles are the only things the quench my thirst. Now those make me nauseous as well! I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday. I don’t know what to do!

On 2/2/2023 at 4:39 PM, Dee Gee said:

Hello I had the gastric bypass 6/22 and have been dealing with nausea. Well she said I had a gallstones and had my gall bladder removed came to find out it was only one and it was a small one. I'm still dealing with the nausea a month after surgery. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do to treat? I'm tierd of have tests ran and surgeries.

'She' being your surgeon? While you believed you had your Gallbladder removed it turned out to be a small Gallstone?

Please demand of your surgeon better communications and demand a course of action that will deal with your issue. If you don't make it important your medical team won't treat it importantly.

It seems your Gallbladder is still an issue that needs resolving.

On 2/3/2023 at 4:07 AM, Decemberluv said:

Occasional nausea is one thing. Constant for years would be quite another. I would be raising a stink in my medical teams office to no end and then I would be dealing with a new medical team if I didn't get results. Me no peace, them no peace.

I've been shocked recently to learn how sensitive medical folk are to bad reviews. Who knew? Make sure they feel your pain.

Stay on them.

Everyone keep advocating for yourselves.

Good luck,

Tek

Hello Sorry I'm just now responding. My gallbladder was completely removed and I still have nausea. I truly don't know what else to do. More tests ran or a new team of doctors?

I just learned of this trick to alleviate nausea...."Smelling rubbing alcohol can quickly help relieve nausea, usually when you smell a soaked cotton pad or ball." It may not be a permanent solution but when instant relief is needed....grab some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball.

https://www.aliem.com/trick-trade-isopropyl-alcohol-vapor-inhalation-nausea-vomiting/

On 2/27/2023 at 12:02 PM, Dee Gee said:

Hello Sorry I'm just now responding. My gallbladder was completely removed and I still have nausea. I truly don't know what else to do. More tests ran or a new team of doctors?

I had my Gallbladder removed during my Gastric Bypass. I've had bouts of nausea on and off since, but I never related it to being sans Gall Bladder. Something to ponder. I know it can be very frustrating.

For me, as with all things stomach related, so much can depend on stress, fatigue, pain, illness, poor food choice, and a myriad of other things. Once the nausea starts a whole series of dominoes begin to fall, so if I can head off the nausea it can be a life saver.

My PCP gave me Ondansetron that does help. Ginger Ale also seems to help in a pinch. Sometimes a bit of food can help. I find that during my on again periods I'm also particularly sensitive to smells so any 'cure' based on smelling something would be something I avoid.

Oddly, my pain meds help. Go figure.

If mine were constant like yours I would entertain talking to a Doctor that deals with stomach stuff (not a surgeon).

Good luck,

Tek

Edited by The Greater Fool

Hello my doctor also prescribed Ondansetron but it didn't seem to help only may me constipated. My smell senses are very sensitive omgoodness. I didn't think to ask my pcp because all of this did not start until I had surgery. Yes ginger ale does help some. Thank You so much for responding.

On 2/26/2023 at 11:11 PM, laskeete84 said:

I’m exactly 1 month Post Op! Regular Water makes me nauseous, the thought of drinking a Protein Shake makes me nauseous. sugar free popsicles are the only things the quench my thirst. Now those make me nauseous as well! I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday. I don’t know what to do!

Same same. I’m so so upset by this I am nauseous 24/7

On 2/26/2023 at 5:11 PM, laskeete84 said:

I am facing the same problem, tho I can still do Water fine. The Protein Shakes have gotten me to where I gag when I even THINK about drinking them. Unfortunately I can't do sugar free things as I'm sensitive to the artificial sweeteners. Broths and just about anything make me feel sick/nauseous. Having a VERY hard time getting in my Protein (still on full liquid stage- surgery was on March 29th). Hoping I can move onto pureed stage without issue as I'll be getting protein in something else besides these shakes. Are you doing better these days, Laskeete?