Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got the results of my biopsies

Thank you all so so much!!! I'm looking forward to getting all the polyps GONE and then get going with the revision. I'm sad, because I really love my sleeve. But I can't take this pain. So if a revision is what I need, then I'll do it. And I'll go into it with the same attitude I had when getting the sleeve. I just hope my losing weight doesn't slow down because it's a revision. I have like 80 pounds to go and I really don't want that to be messed up with a revision.

1 hour ago, SpartanMaker said:

That's awesome news!

I too have been dealing with something sort of similar, so I totally understand. Back in november, I noticed a mass in my neck. We did some biopsies, but they were inconclusive. I'm sitting here right now after just getting home from having the mass surgically removed. I unfortunately won't know for sure if the tumor was malignant or not until sometime next week.

It's really tough dealing with all the emotions, but probably hardest for me has just been the thought that I worked so hard and went through so much (e.g. WLS), to try to get healthy, only to discover it may all have been for nothing. Could really use all your thoughts and prayers as I fight through this and hopefully fully recover.

I know 100% how you're feeling. The waiting is the worst. I kept thinking that if I have cancer, all my hard work was for nothing, and I might as well have just skipped the surgery and stayed fat, since I would lose weight with chemo anyway (my mind went to some dark places). BUT....they say gastric tumors are 95% cancer, and yet mine isn't. So we'll hold on to that for you and just think positive that you'll be ok, too. My fingers are crossed for you, and I'm sending you all the good luck, good vibes, and positive thoughts I have. Just think positively. It's out of your hands now, and while I know it's easier said than done, try not to let yourself go to that bad place where you think about all the negative, bad things. You got this.

I was able to do 1 hour on the treadmill, but definitely not at the level I could before all this stomach crap. I was at incline 15, speed 2.6, heart rate around 142. It annoys me that I've had to back it down, but at least I can do something. I was also able to do 20 sit ups (used to be able to do 50), 30 stomach crunches (was able to do 60 before), 10 step ups on each side (used to be able to do 30 before), and 20 reps on each of my arm exercises (used to do 40 each).

I couldn't so anything more because I started to have sharp stabbing abdominal pain as well as burning from the gastritis and GERD. I might have to back it down on the treadmill a little more and see if things improve. I can't wait for all of my procedures to be done so I can finally start feeling better and get back to working out the way I normally do. I can't even THINK about any weight training or strength/core training right now :(

20230129_192503.jpg