Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have any experience with it? I'm 8 months post op and my hair is still coming out like crazy. I'm lucky I started out with a LOT of thick hair, otherwise I feel like I would be darn near bald by now lol I've been seeing ads for Nutrifol everywhere, and while it sounds and looks really good, I just want to see if anyone here has ever used it and if it actually does what it says. I know it's a waiting game for the hair to stop shedding, and I know Protein consumption is the best thing for hair regrowth. But any additional help I can give my poor head, the better, you know?

I haven't heard of that one. I'm using Nioxin. My niece is a hairdresser and she said that the Nioxin will slow down the Hair loss. It doesn't stop it completely, but it definitely slows it down. *shrug*

I have saw adds for it too and did some digging. The reviews are all over the place. Good, bad, indifferent. I couldn't make an honest opinion about if it was worth trying or not so I never did.

I also have very thick hair and have always had lots of shedding so I honestly can't tell if it is worse now or my normal. I think it did get a little worse, my hair general feels thinner. BUT! It is definitely not nearly as healthy so I was thinking about trying to take something to make it healthier. My little hairs are all over the place so I know it is growing back but all in all my hair is a mess. haha

If you decide to try it out, send us a follow up!

I have lost about half my hair... I also had very thick hair, thank god. but it has gotten really bad, so if you have luck with it, let us know.

I don't know how many of those products actually do the trick. Some people swear by biotin; others say it doesn't do a thing. I've never heard of Nutrifol, but I expect it also has its fans and detractors. Those hairs are already dead and will eventually fall out, so I don't think anything can help with that - it's just the natural growth/fallout cycle, it's just been sped up due to the trauma of surgery + restricted calories. At most, some of those products may help with the regrowth once it starts. The loss will stop eventually - it was three months for me (but fortunately, I didn't lose much hair. Not enough for me - or anyone else - to notice, other than I did notice more hairs than usual in my comb -so I knew I was losing some)

I take Biotin, but that's more for my current hair. Helps it to be healthier but doesn't do a thing for slowing loss or speeding up regrowth. I've been thinking about Nioxin, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go that route or Nutrifol. Or if I can do both. Not really sure yet. I do hair masks and take biotin and collagen to keep the hair I have looking and feeling good and healthy. So we'll see. I'll let you guys know what I decide to do!!!

My dermatologist recommended Nutrafol. I'm a little skeptical because his office sells it, but he didn't push me to buy it from them (he gave me a pamphlet and said it's available on Amazon if I'd rather buy it online). I decided not to try it at this point because it's really expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it.

My dermatologist also recommended Rogaine (he said to use the men's formula because it's stronger than the women's formula) but said that if you stop using it, you'll lose any regrowth that you got from using it. It is less expensive than Nutrafol, too.

I did try Vegamour for several months and as far as I can tell, it didn't make any difference.

I've been taking Biotin faithfully every day since surgery, and I doubt it helps, but I figure it doesn't hurt, and it's cheap, so I keep taking it. But honestly, I think the only improvement has just been from waiting for it to grow back. I had a different surgery 15 months after my gastric bypass and experienced another round of telogen effluvium, but it's been improving for the last few months even thought I gave up on growth products.

My Hair loss was BAD, I drink two scoops of collagen powder in my coffee and take extra-strength hair-skin-nails gummies every morning and my hair is now thicker than it was before my surgery. A bonus is that both of these products will also improve the texture of your skin and nails.