Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello hope everyone is doing well … so it’s been 9 weeks since surgery and I’m now wondering how people are doing with exercise? I haven’t started but I am very active throughout my day . My levels of energy has been low lately but I’m thinking it’s because I don’t feel like I’m meeting all my goals and there are times when I’m confused on if I’m eating enough or drinking enough. I don’t feel like I’ve lost any weight and it is discouraging but trying to fight past this feeling . Thanks

I bought a bicycle and go riding. Most i have done in 1 trip was 24 miles. Its fun.

I recently posted on this here:

Edited by SpartanMaker

I don't formally exercise because I don't like the guilt or stress feeling if I don't do it a certain day. So this time around, I have embraced a lifestyle that is based on movement, meaning I just keep moving in my daily life. Whether I'm at home doing chores or at work. For example, when I watch a movie, I will do exercises, like crunches or sit-ups. I keep a pair of dumbbells by my couch. Sometimes I wear leg weights all day. And some days, I feel so tired probably because I'm not taking in enough calories, and I won't do anything but stretch all day. I practice the "One in One out" rule to have no clutter in my home so I do a lot of walking back and forth to get what I need. Things like that. While others depend on exercise to lose weight. I don't. I can't "outrun my fork" lol. The exercise is to just to keep me healthy. The weight loss is from my diet.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I don't formally exercise because I don't like the guilt or stress feeling if I don't do it a certain day. So this time around, I have embraced a lifestyle that is based on movement, meaning I just keep moving in my daily life. Whether I'm at home doing chores or at work. For example, when I watch a movie, I will do exercises, like crunches or sit-ups. I keep a pair of dumbbells by my couch. Sometimes I wear leg weights all day. And some days, I feel so tired probably because I'm not taking in enough calories, and I won't do anything but stretch all day. I practice the "One in One out" rule to have no clutter in my home so I do a lot of walking back and forth to get what I need. Things like that. While others depend on exercise to lose weight. I don't. I can't "outrun my fork" lol. The exercise is to just to keep me healthy. The weight loss is from my diet.

I totally love this approach, it helps a lot because I do the same per day and I am going to do the weights by the couch as well :) thanks 🙏 good to know others are like minded as well .

On 11/5/2022 at 8:52 AM, Mrs.Solis said:

Hello hope everyone is doing well … so it’s been 9 weeks since surgery and I’m now wondering how people are doing with exercise? I haven’t started but I am very active throughout my day . My levels of energy has been low lately but I’m thinking it’s because I don’t feel like I’m meeting all my goals and there are times when I’m confused on if I’m eating enough or drinking enough. I don’t feel like I’ve lost any weight and it is discouraging but trying to fight past this feeling . Thanks

You might want to track what you're consuming, just to make sure you're hitting all of your Protein and hydration goals. Not getting enough will make you feel bad and will also stall your weight loss.

Are you taking your Vitamins? You might want to have your labs (to include ferritin level) checked. I took vitamins, religiously, before surgery. I'm sure that half the reason why I'm dragging right now is because they had me hold them. I get to start taking them on Tuesday and I'm so looking forward to it! I'm anemic and can't wait to start getting some Iron, again.

I'm looking forward to getting back to exercise. Pre-surg, I enjoyed running on an elliptical and I also liked doing some of the workouts that Beachbody offers. I'm really looking forward to seeing some results from exercise. Before surgery, I never saw anything change. Now, I should and it's exciting!