Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for weight loss accountability partner(s)/support buddies

Hi, All - I recently relocated to Texas and do not know people here who have had DS. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping to support each other with daily check-ins, support, encouragement, tips, etc. If so, feel free to introduce yourself on this thread!

I am 40 years old woman, single, and dealing with infertility (I am trying to freeze my eggs). I had DS 8.5 years ago and lost 50% of my excess body weight at the time but did not push myself to lose even more (I was in grad school and my mom was deemed terminally ill at the time). I would like to re-commit to healthy eating and working out and have been flying solo for about a month now. I am highly motivated to lose quickly (but safely!) to improve my chances with egg freezing/harvesting given that I'm also up against my biological clock!

Hoping there might be some other people who want to join me!

Apparently I got 37 views but no responses! Anyone out there looking for support? 😳

Hi! I would be happy to be your accountability buddy as well! My sister had this surgery 8 years before me, so it has been nice to have someone to talk to and encourage me. I have lost great weight, but am having issues getting all my Protein in, so it is good to get some encouragement from others.

I am in the process of getting medical clearances so that I can have the DS done. I know I need support. Count me in.

I'm having the surgery in September, if you're still looking for a buddy let me know. And if any of you other ladies need a buddy hit me up. The more friends the easier it is to stay accountable.

ElleRodri I’m having the surgery in sept too

my surgery is scheduled for the 11th of September. I've been going through the full gambit of emotions. I thought that was supposed to happen after the surgery, haha.

I have a supportive but not wanting to be included hubby. Like I told him things would be changing at the dinner table and now he's started cooking for the house, which has not been good for me in the pre-op stage as he's in love with the deep fryer. I've gotten him to start drinking more sugar-free stuff at home, which has brought his A1C down from a 14 to an 8.4 so his doctor was happy with that change. So he's at least interested in making some changes just not the drastic ones I'll be making for myself. The kids don't care what's on the table as long as it tastes good, and if they don't like it, they still eat it anyways and without complaint. That's the one thing I can say about my kids that I'm proud of, never complain about not liking the food but will tell you afterwards what they thought of it.

Trying to make changes before I'm forced to make them. Just a lot. Wrapping my head around my eating issues and "head hunger" I'm getting better there. Still trying to quit doing the vape thing but not doing the best job and I'm afraid that I'm going to screw myself up not doing the right things at the right time. I'm afraid I'll mess up my progression I guess? I dunno.

I'm having a lot of the feels about things and I don't even have a date yet! I think that's normal. Navigating the changes with other humans around is hard. My partner is diabetic too and very, very emotionally attached to food. And while they are very supportive of my choices and willing to change things around a bit, I think there may be some rough spots because food is a control issue and a comfort issue for them. I've had so many problems with food over the years that I'm pretty detached about it now. But I'm still sure these upcoming changes will be hard on us all.

I did manage to quit vaping by just packing it all away. Out of sight, out of mind actually works for me for most things. I tend to eat out of boredom or vape out of boredom so putting things away and substituting other habits has been effective. But having conversations with my head hunger is still pretty hard. I'm not looking forward to the liquid phases of this experience. LOL I've fasted on liquids for days before for other procedures and the first few days are always the hardest, but I have never had to sustain it for weeks!

I bet most of us are afraid of screwing things up. I had this whole panic thing the other day about possibly having the DS and then a world catastrophe happening and me not being able to get my Vitamins and me dying of malnourishment---when my brain panics it does so EPICALLY! I finally reassured myself I could stockpile vitamins for a year once I find what works, you know, kind of like preppers do? I could be a Vitamin prepper! 😂😂😂