Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

where did you loose weight first?

I am pre op but have lost over 60 lbs already. I was expecting to loose some face fat by now but pictures really haven’t shown a difference… however over the last year i have lost about 8” around my midsection and 2” on my chest and about 1/2” each of my thighs…

where did you “loose first”?

when did you start loosing the face fat/reduced chin and neck??

I lost about 50 prior to my liquid diet and another 10 on that. I noticed in how my cloth fit, especially my waist band (big gaps). And then how shirts fit (arms and shoulders). I lost another 23 the first week post surgery and see it in my face. But I noticed this week my bra cups have more room… so it seems to be coming off all over.

I carry MOST of my weight in my abdomen. So naturally I lost the most there, I have always had smaller legs and arms. last time I measured I was 3 months post op and had lost 16 or 17 inches in my waist alone but basically stayed the same within 1/2 inch every where else.

My face has also changed a lot, you can see my jaw line now. (slightly, but it is still there)

Anyway, overall definitely my stomach/waist.

I lost from my upper body first: chest, upper back, arms, neck, face. I also lost elsewhere, but it was very noticeable quickly up top. I'm pear shaped to begin with, so it just reinforced that being the fact. I had to replace my bras pretty quickly because I was swimming in them.

Now, if I look at my measurements I've lost probably the same amount (10 inches or so) from my chest and my hips, but since I'm pear shaped and always carried more in my bottom half, I'm still larger down there.

Honestly, where you lose is out of your control and can be different for everyone. Gender plays a big role, but a lot of it is genetic. Hormonal changes as people age can also influence where you gain first and lose last.

I lose weight evenly from head to toe - the very same way I gain. So it took quite a while before I noticed the loss. We all lose and gain differently and where you lose is entirely up to your own body. There is one place on my body that will never be "thin", and that's my legs. They're slender for MY leg type now I'm almost at goal, but still what you'd call "sturdy". Flat arses and sturdy legs are on both sides of my family, so I can only embrace it! I'm certainly not expecting any miracles in that area.

Chest, waist, hips pretty evenly all the way to almost goal weight. When I was close to goal (or past), I lost tons of face volume. Makes me look much older and drawn. I feel great but my face took a beating at the end. My face looked much better 20 to 30 lbs ago.

Depends your body type, genetics and where you carry your weight. I feel like for really big people (including myself and especially pre op and right after my surgery) the weight didn't come off in any specific area the most.just everything got a little smaller but still retained the same shape. I only noticed an extreme difference in face size towards the 4 month post op mark personally. Now that I'm over 100 lbs down, I'd say most of what's left is my lower abdominal region (hanging apron belly) and my thighs. I think that's the most stubborn.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app