Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Stores for Transitioning from Plus to Regular

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. It's also difficult to know where to shop since I've just moved from Canada to the States and there are different stores here. When I first moved here, I went to Kohl's, Dillard's, J.C. Penney, just to see what was in the store - I hadn't a clue what they sold.

KY, The OH website has an area for swaping clothes - Anyone who gets too small for their clothes, puts a pic with a description/size. If you want them, you pay shipping only, you just promise to do it again when you are finished with the clothes. I would LOVE to have something like that here on lapbandtalk. I havn't been banded yet, but already have clothes that are too big for me. I wonder how we could get something like that started?

I really used to like New York and Company they go from a size 0-18 and I can't wait to be able to go back there !

kyteachjules - I am just finishing up my MsEd and in the next few years I would like to start and Ed.D program. Congrats to you!

When I was first banded, and going down through the sizes, I sent boxes of clothes all over! I made wonderful LBT friends, and helped some others out!

I went to the threads of those preparing for surgery---like the January or Feb. bandsters, and made the offer. It didn't cost me and arm and a leg, and it felt good!!!

Since then, I have been taking them by the bag to a local womens shelter. Actually, I take them to a local business, who then gets them to the shelter, the shelter is in an unknown place to protect the women.

The best thing about going down in sizes, to Misses, and even some Juniors, is the sale racks! I love it! I have bought some nicer lines, but I run with my grandkids on a daily basis, and we paint, and play in the sandbox....that kind of thing---no need for fancy. First place I head in ANY store now, the clearance racks!!! Best part of that sentence, is ANY store, I can now walk in to most anyplace and find my size....just toooo cool. Of course I will never set foot in the 5-7-9 store again, even if I could, I hate what I see in the windows!!!

Kat

give them to all your fat friends!!! no really consign them, or check in your area for a womens shelter...they can always use good clothing, and it is for a great cause!!! they will love the donation. I did it this summer, and they were very very grateful!

j

I love Steve & Barry's and Kohl's :)

I love the Bitten line of jeans at Steve & Barry's (Sarah Jessica Parker). The boyfriend jeans have a looser waist and are low rise. I LOVE THEM AND the price!! They are $15 so I can get new ones with every size rather than trying to make do.

I order a ton of clothes on line... Roamanns, Lane Bryant (smaller sizes), J.Jill, Coldwater Creek, Willow Ridge, Newport News, Chadwicks, Blair, Silohuettes...

If you order online, how do you know they will fit? I usually have to go through the whole store before I find one pair of pants that fit properly.

If you order online, how do you know they will fit? I usually have to go through the whole store before I find one pair of pants that fit properly.

at 6xl I just prayed it would fit...

I am now in a large from Lane Bryant catalog..

I rely on Eddie Bauer and Lands End, pretty much, because I'm so tall. LE has free return shipping and can also be returned at most Sears stores. Eddie Bauer has a store in a mall near me so I do returns, if I have any, there.

For girlie stuff Kohl's has been wonderful, and they carry Lee slacks and jeans which are my favorite brand. (Great for long legs and a curvy butt!)

I really like Coldwater Creek. They have lovely fabrics and often have great sales. They also have lost of sizes and so you won't feel like you can't go in there and try on something. I also like CJ Banks, and Fashion Bug. At Fashion Bug, the clothes are cheap (and rather cheaply made, for the most part) but since you're in transition, it's not that big of a deal! Do you have a Catherine's where you live? They are like 14-28 in sizes. Enjoy!!! Isn't that exciting to go into stores where the sizes are TOO BIG??? I'm an 18 now, but still walked into the Coldwater Creek last week and picked about 6 items in a 22!! Yeah, slow brain!! HAHAHA. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

I was told that if you don't need the money right away, you might donate your clothes and remember to get the receipt. My friends told me that it was better to deduct the donation amount from your taxes if you itemize.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I really don't mind the split on a consignment. You don't usually get very much from a yard sale either and with consignment, you also don't have people traipsing around your property. I have been donating my larger clothes to Citizens for Animal Protection Resale Shop in Houston. Everything they get goes to helping the homeless animals. And, I get the deduction.

I tried shopping in resale shops and did not like it. I am going to try Steve and Barry's. Thanks for the info.

I'm going to be in that weird inbetween size soon. Too small to shop at lane bryant and too big to shop the regular stores..ugh. I'm gonna hit Old Navy though and see what I can find. Really annoying too is that the Avenue I swear only has like one size 14 on the racks. It drives me nuts.