Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here! Looking for Friends!

Hello! My name is Amanda. I'm 35 years old and I have a son who will be 13 at the end of this month. I live in Brunswick, Ohio. I've started my weight loss journey, and would love to make new friends! I'm working with Cleveland Clinic and considering baratric surgery. Feel free to reach out. Let's help each other!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 08/07/2022 at 08:08, athrash87 said:

Hello! My name is Amanda. I'm 35 years old and I have a son who will be 13 at the end of this month. I live in Brunswick, Ohio. I've started my weight loss journey, and would love to make new friends! I'm working with Cleveland Clinic and considering baratric surgery. Feel free to reach out. Let's help each other! [emoji18][emoji171]

Welcome, Amanda! What type of surgery are you considering? I had a VSG a year and a half ago and am getting ready to have a revision to RNY. There are a lot of really great and knowledgeable people on here so be sure to ask questions that will help you on your WL journey! You’ll find that once you decide on the type of surgery you want to have you should join more specific groups. People are very happy to share their thoughts and answer questions. So…. glad you’ve joined us!😁

Hello Amanda! I am new here too! I live just outside of Austin, TX with my groom (less than a year married lol) and two covid puppies, Ricky & Lucy! I am meeting with the surgery team in late August to discuss my options, currently interested in VSG. We can be journey buddies for sure! Lots of information to process before landing on the best decision.

Hi Amanda. I just had my VSG performed at the Clinic. I was very happy with the team of doctors and professionals that they put me in touch with as I worked to determine if surgery was the right choice for me. Feel free to message me if you'd like more info.

Welcome Amanda!

I’m pre-op… currently on day 4 of 8 of my liquid diet. My VSG surgery is scheduled for Tuesday!

Best of luck on your journey! Lots of knowledgeable people on here to help answer questions!

Hi Amanda. I just had my VSG performed at the Clinic. I was very happy with the team of doctors and professionals that they put me in touch with as I worked to determine if surgery was the right choice for me. Feel free to message me if you'd like more info.
I sent you a message! [emoji2]

Hello Amanda! I am new here too! I live just outside of Austin, TX with my groom (less than a year married lol) and two covid puppies, Ricky & Lucy! I am meeting with the surgery team in late August to discuss my options, currently interested in VSG. We can be journey buddies for sure! Lots of information to process before landing on the best decision.
Hello! Would love to be journey buddies. Such an exciting time. Send me a message! [emoji2]

Welcome, Amanda! What type of surgery are you considering? I had a VSG a year and a half ago and am getting ready to have a revision to RNY. There are a lot of really great and knowledgeable people on here so be sure to ask questions that will help you on your WL journey! You’ll find that once you decide on the type of surgery you want to have you should join more specific groups. People are very happy to share their thoughts and answer questions. So…. glad you’ve joined us![emoji16]
Hello. Thank you for the kind welcome and words of encouragement. I meet with the surgeon in a few weeks to discuss what type of surgery is best suited for me. How are things going for you since surgery? This group looks like a wonderful tool. If you would like we can become friends, just send me a message. [emoji2]

Welcome Amanda!

I’m pre-op… currently on day 4 of 8 of my liquid diet. My VSG surgery is scheduled for Tuesday!

Best of luck on your journey! Lots of knowledgeable people on here to help answer questions!
Hello. How are things going for you on your pre-op liquid diet? Good luck to you on your surgery. I'm sure this is an exciting but scary time. This definitely seems like a very supportive place for people like us on all types of weight loss journeys. If you would like to talk and become friends send me a message. [emoji2]

Greetings!

I am Kim from Central Georgia. Pre op VSG, hopefully in late September or early October. Married, two late teen teenage boys. I excited to break free of my fat shell and into the new phase of my life

On 08/12/2022 at 09:12, athrash87 said:

Hello. How are things going for you on your pre-op liquid diet? Good luck to you on your surgery. I'm sure this is an exciting but scary time. This definitely seems like a very supportive place for people like us on all types of weight loss journeys. If you would like to talk and become friends send me a message. [emoji2]

So far so good! I haven’t been hungry at all (but cravings still creep up… especially when food pictures or ads pop up).

Thank you! I’m eager to to Tuesday, but scared a little also. Had my anesthesia consult yesterday so that is the last appointment (other than my covid test) before the big day.

It’s been a wonderful experience to be able to learn from others through their experience and to share the journey with people who really understand.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to see all the progress we make as time passes!

Hello! My name is Amanda. I'm 35 years old and I have a son who will be 13 at the end of this month. I live in Brunswick, Ohio. I've started my weight loss journey, and would love to make new friends! I'm working with Cleveland Clinic and considering baratric surgery. Feel free to reach out. Let's help each other! [emoji18][emoji171]

Hi Amanda my name is Lori. I live in Washington Court House Ohio. I am going thru the process, almost to the end. I meet with the surgeon on Monday and should get my surgery date then. At least I'm hoping so. I'm going thru OSU. I'm getting the bypass since I have issues with acid reflux.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Amanda

My name is Monica and I am from Southern Indiana. I am new here too. I am 25 days post op RYGB.
I started this Journey in May 2022. It was just a little over 3 months from my info class to surgery. It has been very exciting and scary at the same time. Good luck on you journey !

Hi, I’m just starting the process as well. I’m both excited and nervous. Good luck and can’t wait to hear how you are doing along the way!