Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting a fleur de lis Tummy Tuck, arm lift, and breast lift (no augmentation). Paying 24k out of pocket in Portland, Oregon. I’ll update as I get closer to the day of surgery!

Oh wow!! Super exciting!!
Let us know how it goes!

I messaged my obgyn to see if she would put in an order for my blood work I need and she very kindly did that- saves me the out of pocket cost to get that run though insurance for sure. Having an obgyn who has also had a sleeve is awesome.

Surgery is next month- kind of freaked out about it. The recovery is going to be difficult because I won’t have my core or my arms to help me. I’m trying to decide if I’ll stay in the city that my surgery is taking place for a few days or brave the 2 hour drive home. They said I’ll hopefully get two drains out at one week and the final two out at two weeks. I wish I didn’t have to have drains at all because they kind of freak me out but oh well.

I’m also curious to see if my pant size changes at all. My goal isn’t to reduce that, but I know they will be removing a lot of skin from my abdomen so it’s possible. If so I guess I’ll just buy all new pants yet again. Just running through new clothes nonstop over here over the past few years. The pants are especially annoying though because I have to find tall sizes and those are almost impossible to get second hand. It will be worth it in the end. I’ll see if I feel brave enough to post a before/after that actually exposes my abdomen. I always like to try to share as much info as possible with the forum, because I know how much I appreciated it when I was going through the sleeve process!

Good luck! I am sure it will make a huge difference in how you feel even if the inches don't change.

I learned my lesson- my program told me to take before pictures and measurements prior to sleeve surgery and I didn’t. But this time I will, so I’ll be able to see if I lost inches from this. Well, I’ll take the measurements, as I was filling out my preop paperwork I realized the center uploaded my pics into the system. 😱. I spent most of the weekend being like do I really look like that? Holy heck. I’m used to seeing myself from better angles in kinder lighting. 😓

I am out of surgery! Total nerve wracking, spent all last week concerned 😟 was making a huge mistake. They removed over 5 lbs. currently staying overnight (surgery center can do 23 hour care) and so grateful I picked the center that had that. Nurses are the kindest that I’ve ever experienced, such a good experience. Not in a ton of pain really, but just more stinging and uncomfortable. i made it, it’s done!

Update- drains suck. Very annoying. One arm is super swollen and I am having trouble with that. Tummy Tuck surprisingly the easiest to deal with. Haven’t needed pain meds for a few days so that’s nice. Will see how all is going at Wednesday post op.

Update- drains suck. Very annoying. One arm is super swollen and I am having trouble with that. Tummy Tuck surprisingly the easiest to deal with. Haven’t needed pain meds for a few days so that’s nice. Will see how all is going at Wednesday post op.
I eventually want plastic surgery so I appreciate reading you progress! I hope you feel better each day!

One week appointment went very well. I got three out of four drains removed, and potentially getting the fourth drain removed on Friday if I can keep my output below 20 each day. They took all the tape off of the incisions, which wasn’t very painful but did it feel weird. When they were taking stitches out of my bellybutton I could feel clearly that they were touching the skin on the side of my abdomen, despite the fact that that skin is now in the center of my stomach. I think I am going to need to reroute some nerves or some thing. Ha!

Due to the fact that there was so much loose skin on my upper body, they ended up actually having to do an upper body lift at the same time. So my incisions run all the way from my elbows through my under arms and underneath my boobs. I am happy with this, because I had such trouble with skin spilling out in my under arm area that I really was concerned if they left any skin there what it was going to look like a postop. It’s probably going to be a longer recovery because of the additional area, but I am OK with that. Still not in any significant pain, although riding to and from the appointment and getting the tape and drains out absolutely tuckered me out for the day yesterday. I guess it’s hard to judge how much energy you have when you were spending all day and a recliner watching an old season of project runway. My left arm is still significantly swollen, and missing some feeling on the lower bottom part of my arm. Hoping that resolves once the swelling goes down, whenever that is.

Also forgot to mention for reference, I did not have any liposuction, and the doctor said she would check to see if I needed muscle repair but I did not need any. I have no idea how I managed to go through two pregnancies and two C-sections and be that overweight for so many years without separating those muscles, but I managed it. I am very tall with a long torso so maybe that helped? Who knows. I’m just grateful because I am sure that helped post op. Also forgot to mention when the tape came off saw incisions for first time. Yikes, I am kind of Frankenstein’s monster right now. Still feeling good about the procedures and experience though.

Got my final drain out 1.5 weeks after surgery. Having issues with the drain spot however, as the hole isn’t in any hurry to close up on its own. Doctor wasn’t sure if the area was infected or if it was irritated so we have me on an antibiotic now just in case. That was four days ago, really hoping that drain hole closes up soon. 😖

Other than that I’m doing great, I feel fine on a daily basis. sleeping propped up in my back is probably the worst part. I’m a side sleeper and this is not an easy transition. That plus my abdominal binder is just making for a great sleeping experience haha.

Three weeks today! Still dealing with the abdomen drain hole not fully closed, left arm numbness and swelling. The swelling is on my forearm so I kind of look like popeye especially since my upper arm is smaller now. Speaking of swelling, still super swollen especially as the day goes on. I knew this happened post op but I don’t think I really understood how much swelling was happening or how uncomfortable it was. Also hard to see real results when you’re puffed up like a Water balloon. Not having pants fit was kind of alarming for me- I know it’s probably just the swelling but I can’t help but be worried that I’m bigger now.

thanks for posting about your journey looking forward to seeing some pics so i hope you post some

I will try to look through my pics and see what I have…unfortunately to get the abdomen in a picture is a bit less clothed than I like to be in pictures, haha.

My three week checkup went great, she said I’m healing incredibly fast. The drain hole is almost closed up (thank goodness). Still dealing with numbness on bottom part of left arm, but other than that I feel great. She released me to peloton workouts and walking longer distances and that has helped my mood considerably. My arm scars are still puffy and puckered in places due to the internal sutures/swelling so they look kind of scary at this point. My abdomen swelling is definitely still there but much less uncomfortable than it was even a week ago. I got on the scale and I was actually down a few pounds, surprisingly. I saw a number that started with 15 for the first time in my adult life. I am thinking I may still end up in the 160s because that seems to be my hold point, but it was a nice thing to see even if it was temporary.