Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is UnJury worth it?

I think you get sick of any of them after awhile.... I have had Isopure dutch chocolate, Jarrow unflavored, and the Better MD products. All not bad at first. I just tried Unjury chocolate today, and I have to say it is the best so far. I mixed it with FF milk, shook it, and got NO foam, and I noticed no odor. not quite as good as Nestles, but darn close.

I, too, suggest getting the sample packs & trying them for yourself... it's a very personal thing!

On that note, I love, love, love unjury Vanilla (& I do use the unflavored in a pinch, but it's nowhere near as good). My fav "recipe" is the following, I love cinnamon-spicy things... I have it at least once every day:

1/2 carton of vanilla micellar milk (20 g pro)

1 scoop vanilla Unjury powder (20 g pro)

1/2 scoop Big Train low-carb spiced chai (got it from Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op recipes, and Help)

3-4 ice cubes

blend & enjoy!!

Good luck finding your protein!

PS -- 1 more thing about Unjury... they have EXCELLENT shipping (my orders arrive in 1 day!) and customer service.

No.

Product is fine but it's not so drastically different than anything I've been able to find in the store.

That being said, I think after a month of practically nothing but Protein Shakes I'm biased. I can't stand seeing anything Protein Powder related now!

I was just wondering if unjury is worth the price or if other Protein drinks are just as good? Also I would like any feedback on everyone's favorite flavors and brands.

Thanks guys!

Surgery Date Jan 7, 2008, Jaime Ponce, Dalton, GA

You could always try this. I used to use it a while back just for the hell of it and wanted to lose weight. It is tasty, there is a wide variety, and a large selection. Unjury is higher in Protein and lower in carbs so it would definitely be a good idea to use it or something like it for the pre and post op but after that if you eat a lot of protein in your meals it'll even out either way. So the lack of protein in this is made up by eating it. Also while I was doing this diet they had several people that were diabetics and they had really good sugar stability with this the NLD liquid diet as well. I was very happy with the results, the variety and the amount oh and lol i just can't say enough about how much I like this stuff.

New Lifestyle Diet

Each product is roughly the same information here:

Product Information:

• 14g of high quality protein per serving with only 7g of carbohydrates
  • Can be used as a rich shake or a creamy pudding
  • One Box contains 7 servings
  • Gluten Free

Nutritional Information:

• Calories 100, Protein 14g, Carbs 7g, Fat 1.5g

Ingredients:

• Calcium Caseinate, Fructose, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Nonfat Milk, Sodium Caseinate, Corn Syrup Solids, Sunflower Oil, Magnesium Phosphate, Salt, Disodium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Aspartame*, Sodium Caseinate, Soy Lecithin, Vitamin C, Ferric Orthophosphate, Tocopherol (to protect flavor), Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Niacinamide, Copper Gluconate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Amino Acid Chelate, Selenium Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K (Phytonadione), Magnesium Carbonate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12(Cyanocobalamin).

:thumbup:

I just completed day 3 of my 14 day pre op diet and Unjury is making it a lot easier. I bought the chocolate, Vanilla and chicken Soup. Chocolate is my favorite but all are good. I also bought the Magic Bullet and have been making great shakes. I only have the chicken soup once a day and it helps a lot because by dinner time, I feel like something other than chocolate or vanilla. My pre op diet requires 4 Protein Shakes a day. So I mix them up, vanilla for Breakfast, chocolate for lunch, chicken soup for dinner then vanilla or chocolate later. I did not think I would be able to handle this diet -- but I am doing great and honestly its because of Unjury. Although I have to admit, I would love to have something solid -- even an egg would be wonderful!

You could always try this. I used to use it a while back just for the hell of it and wanted to lose weight. It is tasty, there is a wide variety, and a large selection. unjury is higher in Protein and lower in carbs so it would definitely be a good idea to use it or something like it for the pre and post op but after that if you eat a lot of Protein in your meals it'll even out either way. So the lack of protein in this is made up by eating it. Also while I was doing this diet they had several people that were diabetics and they had really good sugar stability with this the NLD liquid diet as well. I was very happy with the results, the variety and the amount oh and lol i just can't say enough about how much I like this stuff.

New Lifestyle Diet

:thumbup:

Paid advertisement:thumbdown:

The Inspire Proteins from bariatriceating.com are WAY better than Unjury, IMO.

I've tried the Unjury fruit punch mix,,, I mixed it with crystal light lemonade and it was really good. Does anyone know if you can purchase it from a store,,, or does it have to be ordered?

Hello all!

I just purchased some unflavored Unjury and am quite shocked at how much is in the packs!!! Do you guys use the WHOLE pack in one serving? For example the ones who posted that the unflavored is good in mashed potatoes, what is the serving size of the mashed potatoes and do u use the whole pack in it? I am very leary of opening all these packs i've just purchased....lol

Also, when you mix the unflavored powder in liquids how many ounces do u mix it with and will the powder change it into a thick consistency?