Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone.

I had my roux May 2021, I am at goal weight, 90lbs lost. I have stomach pain after every meal and sometimes just drinking Water. I take Vitamins daily, and get at least 40 g of Protein down and about 32oz of water. I can't get past that. The pain is like I'm hungry, yet feel nauseous after I eat and gets worse as the day goes on. My stomach is also very loud and bubbly, I can feel it moving sometimes. I also get calf pain and headaches. I have tried taking prilosec to see if it is acid related, doesnt seem to make a difference.

I am without insurance right now, so kinda trying to troubleshoot on my own. Any insight would be great. Thank you.

What kind of Vitamins & what time of day do you take them?
Start a journal of when you eat, take vitamins & when you feel any of those things.
I’m nauseous about 3-4 days a weeks. I buy meclizine on Amazon ($14.99/3 bottles of 100 pills) & keep them with me I had my RNY almost 4 years ago.

Vitamins can make you nauseous. Are you taking them with food? All at once? In the morning? Try taking them at night before you go to bed and/or spreading them out throughout the day.

My stomach rumbles and gurgles all the time but it's just a minor annoyance that I have learned to accept.

Thanks for the info. It's not a full on nauseous or full on hunger pain, it is a mix. I have tried taking at different times or not taken them for 2 days, just to see. Same results. The noises are fine, but it's the constant dull, achy pain that's making me nuts. I will look into meclizine.

You really need to seek out some medical advice about this.

Generally rumbling, gurgling, etc. is common. Mine can be very loud so I quizzed my surgeon’s partner at a recent check up & she said it was my body doing what it’s supposed to: digest food. (My young nieces & nephews think my noisy tummy is hilarious.)

Pain & nausea is not common & needs to be explored to see what’s going on. The nausea could be the Vitamins but that usually only occurs after you take them & doesn't continue all day long. You may need an ultrasound & endoscopy to see what’s happening.

Work at increasing your Fluid intake. At 32oz you’re only getting half of what your body needs. If your active or live in a hot climate you’ll need more. You could be borderline dehydrated which could also be contributing to your nausea & discomfort.

All the best.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, toodlerue said:

What kind of Vitamins & what time of day do you take them?
Start a journal of when you eat, take Vitamins & when you feel any of those things.
I’m nauseous about 3-4 days a weeks. I buy meclizine on Amazon ($14.99/3 bottles of 100 pills) & keep them with me I had my RNY almost 4 years ago.

I had a revision from sleeve to RNY 11 weeks ago tomorrow. I was severely dehydrated a month ago, uncontrolled vomiting, BAD headache. I should have gone to the ER, but the wait was hours. It took four days before I was feeling better. I am back to drinking Pedialyte again, I was up at 4:30 AM vomiting. I have Phenergan suppositories, it knocked me out but I finally was able to rest. Even when this isn't going on, I can only eat an oz or 1.5 oz at a time. I weigh and/or measure my food. Several times a week an hour or more AFTER eating I'll have been gurgling and then it starts churning right above my breastbone. I know I'll have to throw up. Sure enough I do, and I'll feel better. I am going to contact the doctor; my bloodwork and my next follow-up visit is the second week in March. I want to know if I'm overreacting, if not, how do I word this to him where it makes sense? I am only getting in 30 - sometimes 70 grams of the 100 he wants me to get. I am not taking all my supplements. I took my Iron and multi this morning and threw it up.