Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op - Liquid Only - Suggestions?

Howdy everyone, wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!

What a way to start the year, today is my second day of the 14 days of no solid food, only liquid post-op diet.

I am well stocked with the "Premire Protien" shakes and a variety of "Better Than Bouillon" flavors.

I am asking those that are on this journey for suggestions and tips.

Thank you!

Yes, temperature can make a surprisingly large difference in how satisfying liquids (and solid foods) can be. When Protein Shakes are hard to get down, for example, I find them more palatable shaken with plenty of ice.

Congratulations! Our plans sound a bit different so don't go outside your team's guidelines, but here is the info I was provided for the 2 weeks. 1 word of advice, start pushing hard to get the Water in by little sips from a shot glass every day. It will take alot of effort. I downloaded a water timer and had it going off every few minutes. That will pay in dividends in 2 weeks when you can't chug water (if you are in Habit of chugging water. I'm really talking about me. Lol.) Good luck and you've got this!

Screenshot_20220101-180347_Gallery.jpg

That stage is pretty boring. Kinda have to just stick to your list from your team. Just sip sip

sip, try different flavors and different temperatures until you figure out what works for you.

Bone broths, consommés & strained cream Soups are good alternatives to just Protein Shakes. You can also try only the broth part of pho or wonton soups.

I found warm liquids more soothing & easy to consume too. I’d heat my chocolate shake & imagined (unsuccessfully 😉) it was hot chocolate.

Congrats on your surgery.

Edited by Arabesque

LOL - That's funny, I just thought about warming the shake today. I did freeze one a while back and it wasn't so bad.

I really liked getting in the Protein Shakes and for some "crunch" factor I relied on sugar-free popsicles in a variety of flavors. They were a lifesaver.

Buy a whole chicken & make your own broth!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches