Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week of Decemb er17th

Welcome to Bandster Land all you newbies! (and soon to be newbies!) . . . Things get better and easier each day . . . and we're all heading down a great path! What a great Holiday present for everyone!

Chris

Its done!! Everything was AOK! I had surgery on Tuesday, everyday I feel a lil better!! My port site hurts, expected. Im excited!!

Day 5 ... feeling almost human today, except for these headaches! I'm about to eat some cream of wheat, hopefully that will help a little. My stomach feels WEIRD when I eat! Not bad, not good, just weird. It's growling a bit today, maybe that's what feels so weird.

Hi all just checking in! I am glad to see everybody seems to be doing well.

My syrgery went great and the doc said yesterday it waas one of the smoothest he's had in a while! YIPPIE. I started mushie food yesterday and so far everytyhing is going great!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

Ps I even woke up this morningon my stomach! :)

Hi Fellow-Banders,

I was banded yesterday 12/21. Things could have gone nay better. I was extermely nervous right beofre surgery. I actually had a brief moment of second guessing my decision. But I quickly chalked it up to up to nerves and reminded myself the reasons why I was doing this.

I felt great yesterday most of the day. I feel great today. I have not needed any pain killers as of yet! I feel a little bloated and as though I just did 500 sit ups.

I have only been able to down about two ounces at this point. I am not hungry at all.

Hi All! Today is post-op day 4. I've been having trouble with gas bubbles! It makes me feel bloated and I can't eat hardly at all. How much are we suppose to be eating now? I've been drinking 1 oz. every 15 minutes. Or trying to. Eating maybe 3 times a day, but I'm counting the Unjury as a meal. Is this ok?

Hi all just checking in! I am glad to see everybody seems to be doing well.

My syrgery went great and the doc said yesterday it waas one of the smoothest he's had in a while! YIPPIE. I started mushie food yesterday and so far everytyhing is going great!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

Ps I even woke up this morningon my stomach! ;)

I woke up on my stomach the other day too. I dont hurt very bad either. My dr fixed a hernia too Alll I have is burping and a bit of soreness not too bad though.

Actualy I feel amazingly great for having surgery.

I'm continuing to feel better all the time. (Banded on the 18th) But that being said, I don't have to do much besides take care of myself. My DH has been fixing most of my meals even. He was banded 2 years ago, so he understands what pureed means. LOL

If I had small children to take care of or otherwise a lot to do, I might not think I was feeling so hot. LOL

I'm making sure I get enough Protein. I'm still not really hungry, so most of my Protein is in the form of Isopure. When I eat I do good to get 2 oz. of anything down. I just feel really full all the time. I suppose it's the gas and swelling... at least it isn't hurting a lot.

Today we went to Red Lobster, I got grilled fish with Alfredo Sauce and mashed potatoes. I ate maybe 2 tsps of mashed potatoes and about 1/4 of the fish fillet and brought the rest home. It tasted wonderful, but that was all I could eat. That was around 1:30, it's after 5 now and I still feel stuffed.

Hi all! I am a week post-op. I'm able to eat up to 4 ozs of runny malt-o-meal (chocolate..mmmm). Is this ok? I thought I'd only be able to eat about 2 ozs max. My DH has been helping me with all my meals also. It has been wonderful but Christmas dinner was very hard. Ham...one of my favorites. (I ate mashed potatoes). I've been drinking the chocolate Unjury and it's pretty good. (20gms Protein for 8 ozs).

I don't seem to have a limit on what I can hold if it's liquid or very near liquid. I'm on pureed for another week. However, I really don't have much desire for food. I can drink water/tea without any problem. I'm eating at this point because I know I'm supposed to. I can drink a full can of low carb slim fast. I don't want it really, but it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable to drink it. One pureed scrambled egg with a little gravy for moisture is all I can handle.

I went to my post op appt today. All looks good. I am down

8.5 PBS since pre op!

Hey Guys,

I was banded last Friday(12/21). I said I was not goign to weigh myself until I went to my post-op visit on 1/2/08. Well I broke down and stepped on my scale last night. I knew I was feeling better about how my clothes fit.

Well, last Thursday(12/20) I weighed in at 307#'s. As of last night I weighed in at 283#'s. I lost 24lbs in less than a week!

I know not to expect these kind of results, but I am so happy with such a great start. This really motivates me to stay focused.

Congrats RonKat! That's great! Men are able to shed the lbs quite a bit faster than women....I had surgery on 12/18 and I've lost 12lbs. I can tell my clothes fit better and I'm not gaining!! Are you on any type of POST-Op diet? It amazes me how different the pre and post-op diets can be. I'm on full liquids for another 4 days and then I swith to soft and moist. (which at this point will be heaven)