Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week of Decemb er17th

Mine is one Wednesday I have to be at the hospital at 6:30AM

OMG I am so not functional at that time in the morning. heh. Maybe I will sleep through the whole thing lol.

I am getting really nervous I had a physical with my GP and she was worried about my blood pressure but when I told her I was having a bit of anxiety she just waited and retested and I am ok. she is giving me a prescription for some anxiety meds.

*deep breath* I just have to remember that this was my choice and I will be better off for it.

My surgery is Wednesday. I have to be there at 5:30am. Which means I have to wake up at 4:00am to shower and drive there (over an hour away). Who is up that early??? I am nervous, excited, freaking, happy, etc.

I have a lot to do to keep me busy this weekend (Christmas shopping, cleaning, etc) to get my mind off of surgery.

LOL -- Maybe I just haven't thought about it. But I really have not been nervous. I just joined this site today. I have been reading through the threads -- and now I am getting nervous.

I went to the Hospital this past Tuesday for bloodwork, EKG, Chest Xray and Upper GI. I went last night for my ultra sound. Tomorrow I have a dietary class. The only thiink I have been nervous about is giving myself a shot for 5 days for blood clots.

My Dr. has not had me on a liquid diet. Only Clear liquids starting the 20th at 10am which includes Citrus Mag. to clean me out. Other than that I can eat normally.

I like reading about what people are going through the first couple weeks, but again, makes me nervous at the same time. I may have been netter off with the unknown.

Good luck to everyone else having it between now and the end of the year.

I need to get my house all cleaned up too I think I will do that this weekend while I am not eatting. lol

I am better knowing everything. the unknown scares the crap out of me. and this way I can be prepared.

What is this shot everyone is talking about. I dont think I have to do that. No one said anything about it.

Wow I am not sure I could do that. I dont mind needles or anything but sticking one in myself is another matter.

Geesh you would think they could give you a liquid or something. heck even diabeities has and inhailer.

Me too MissSac! I'm first on 12/17. The nurse asked me if I was excited. Um ... not exactly the word I'd use. More like absolutely terrified! I have a few moments of excitement every not and then, but for now the sheer terror seems to rule. SIGH.

Hey Jewlee.. you are so not alone... I am a mess.... I have to be at the hospital at 6:15 for a 7:30 surgery... I had my final doc appt yesterday and my blood pressure was so high..... nerves...... we'll make it!

I am trying not to be nervous, as it really won't help any. I hate needles and hospitals and all that sort of stuff, it freaks me out really. The only other 'surgery' I have ever had was my appendix out when i was like 3 years old.

I am just going into this with the attitude i had when I gave birth, I HAVE to do it, so just dont be scared and get it over with. Being scared or nervous wont help me any. It worked when I had my son 3 years ago at least, even when i got the epidural, omg that was a scary needle.

I am a bit disappointed in myself that I have only managed to lose about 6 lbs pre-surgery.. I have been on liquid diets before and If i could hold to them for more than a week at a time, i wouldnt need this surgery heh.. But Ive been mostly good!

Both my sister and mother were banded by the surgeon I am using and have had their bands in for 3 years and have lost a TON of weight. So I know it will work and just gotta keep reminding myself of that.. oh to be able to sit comfortably in an airplane and not have to ask for a seatbelt extension!

I'm getting cold feet...AHHHHH!!! I'm not really that nervous about the surgery. I'm self-pay and 15,000 is a lot of money. I just hope that I'm doing the right thing. I'm praying for NOOOO complications. I don't know what I would do if I was hospitalized with no insurance. :::deep breath::: My date is on the 20th as long as my PCP approves all of my pre-op test results. Other than the above worries..I'm just excited.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

mrsjiggles, im self pay as well, and I seem to be more motivated when my own money is involved. I asked my hubby to put big signs that say $13,500 on the fridge and pantry and on the bathroom door so I see it every morning..

I hope it will go the same as my dentistry went, when I had to start paying my own dentists bills (ie not on my dad's policy anymore) I got a LOT more vigilant about taking care of my teeth.. So spending my own money on this surgery should be a partial motivation.