Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT next month. Faja recommendations needed please.

Hi,

I have scheduled my TT surgery for next month. I know the surgeon mentioned that I will be given a binder but I have read that most people buy a faja. A faja is a girdle; right?

What ones do you recommend? I would like to be prepared before the surgery. 😊

Thanks much!

Hi!! I heard about the faja a lot too. I ordered a faja on Amazon but returned it. I felt they were too restricting for me. I used my binder/s for a long time. I had a total of two. The original got kinda worn after a bit so I got a second one from my surgeon. But my surgeon said the binder was just fine and that he didn’t think I needed a faja but if I wanted to that was fine. Ultimately I chose to stick w the binder.
Now I still wear those Spanx type tank tops most days under my clothes. The tank goes down to the top of my thighs. I still like the support even though I don’t actually need it.
When is your surgery next month? So exciting. Are you having anything else done while in there?

Hi,

I am planning on only doing the TT. I’m 2+ years post vsg and that is the big issue for me.

How far out from TT are you? Are you happy?

Thanks!

Oops…1/19 is the date. I’m anticipating 2 weeks out from work with possibly working remotely the second week. Dreading the drains but nobody near by does the drainless TT.

Had mine last Jan. I did a sort of mommy make over. I did full Tummy Tuck w muscle tightening, breast aug w lift.
Drains for suck but worth it in the end right?! It’s only for a short time.

I was given binders and used them until the faja i ordered off Amazon came. Unfortunately the faja was too big (and it didn’t come in smaller sizes) so I ended up wearing my binder on top of it. I liked it this way cuz the binder stayed put with the faja under and was less itchy overall. I also liked how i didn’t get muffin tops (nor muffin bottoms, lol) with this setup.

So how bad is the swelling after the surgery? Will I be able to fit into my work clothing? I tend to wear dresses or elastic waist pants (hence the need for TT).

56 minutes ago, pssk said:

So how bad is the swelling after the surgery? Will I be able to fit into my work clothing? I tend to wear dresses or elastic waist pants (hence the need for TT).

There was some swelling, but not so much that I couldn’t fit into my pre-surgery pants just fine. For me (others may be different), my clothing size didn’t change at all. I just didn’t have skin oozing out the tops of my pants anymore, lol. I also had an boob lift with excess side boob skin removed, so i longer had skin oozing out my tank top arm holes…and shirt sizes also remained the same.

when is your TT scheduled? So excited for you! PS is a game changer!!!

Edited by ms.sss

I’m scheduled for 1/19 so a month away! I’m excited and of course, nervous. I’m am most dreading the drains. Blech! I had a drain once from a surgery for a day or so and despised it.

I was going to do the lift but decided to wait because I wasn’t convinced I really needed it and that it wouldn’t change much.

However, the TT should make a big difference in my life!

I had 360 lower body lift in Aug 2020 along with brachioplasty. I used products from Marena for both areas. They are medical grade compression garments and recommended by my PS. They were expensive but worth it to me. I wasn't sure what size to order so I waited until after my surgery to figure that out. That worked out fine because I had drains on the lower half for a while and used "ACE" type bandages on my arms until I got my garments. Good luck with your surgery. I'll be having my 3rd and final round of plastics on Jan 20. I'll be having thigh lift and revision of a couple of scars from the previous surgeries.

Day 2 post Tummy Tuck. I’m sore but honestly feel better than I expected. Can’t wait for the drains to be out and then I’m sure I will feel normal. The results look good so far. No more folded roll hanging! Yeah!!

That’s awesome you are doing so well!! Can’t wait to see your results!!

On 1/21/2022 at 1:00 PM, pssk said:

Day 2 post Tummy Tuck. I’m sore but honestly feel better than I expected. Can’t wait for the drains to be out and then I’m sure I will feel normal. The results look good so far. No more folded roll hanging! Yeah!!

When I had my TT I had the 360 so I had 4 drains, 2 came out at 3 weeks and the other 2 at 4 weeks. It is a pain in the butt but worth it because all that stuff that comes out would either come out your incision or make more swelling. Sounds like you are doing well. Isn't plastic surgery amazing?