Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are all the Vitamins you take a day?

Right now i take a Multivitamin(2x), biotin(1x), Calcium (2x), and B12 (1x). with two extras, apple cider vinegar(1x) and cranberry pill (1x).

What are all the Vitamins you take in a day? I am trying to make sure i am taking everything I'm suppose to .

I just take a Multivitamin and Calcium, both twice a day. I had the sleeve. Some doctors require more.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Here's what my team recommends after the first month (when you just take children's chewables twice a day):

Capture.thumb.PNG.bce93fe1e36b69d550eed5387b5d7efb.PNG

Morning: 2 Probiotics gummies, Multivitamin with Iron, and Vitamin A (every other day for the Vitamin A)

Afternoon: Apple Cider Vinegar Gummy, Multivitamin WITHOUT Iron, Calcium

Evening: Multivitamin WITHOUT Iron, Calcium

For reference, I had the Loop DS so I take more Vitamins then many WLS patients.

Edited by NovaLuna
Spelling.

I really only took a multi Vitamin. I briefly took a Vitamin D & magnesium but I didn’t need them - blood work showed I had more then enough. I stopped the multivitamin at 8 months post surgery. I was in maintenance & my bloods were really good & they have continued to be so. Just had my regular three month blood test this morning so fingers crossed all is still good at 27 months post surgery.

My aim was to ensure I got all the nutrients I needed through what I ate not supplements. But we all absorb & store nutrients differently. What you need may be different to what someone else does. Your blood work should dictate the Vitamins you need to supplement your diet. Speak to your medical team to identify what you need.

Before Surgery:
1 B12
1 Vitamin C
1 Viatmin D3
3 Fish Oil
2 Iron

Metformin
Lisinopril
Hydrochlorthyazide

First 3 Months After Surgery:
2 Flintstone's chewables Complete Vitamins
1 B1
1 B12
2 Viactive chewable Calcium w/D3
1 Iron

Metformin
Lisinopril

Now:
1 One a Day Multi Vitamin
1 Magnesium

Metformin
Lisinopril

I had the sleeve.

When it comes to what I'm taking now, I just started that regimen like a week ago. I have switched to ProCare Health Bariatric Once-A-Day Multivitamin w/45mg Iron. When I ran this new vitamin by my dietician and surgeon for approval, they told me to STOP taking B1, B12, and Iron as an extra. That everything is provided in the new vitamin. At the same time I told them that I never took Calcium prior to surgery but that after surgery at some point I remember being told to start taking it. Looking back on my records I could NOT find where or who told me that so I told them this. It could have just been the discharge nurse who said it. Not sure. Either way they looked into it and couldn't find it in my paperwork from any of the doctors either so they told me to stop taking that too. So now I'm down to the stuff listed above.

Come the middle of next month I will have my blood work done again and guess I'll see where we go from there. If what I've been doing is enough or not. My guess is that I'm not getting enough iron due to my anemia. I usually almost always need more than the daily recommended but I figured I'd just take what they said for now to see if it is indeed enough or not. I can adjust accordingly if not. I'm also hoping to be taken off or cut back when it comes to my two remaining prescription medications. At least that's what my family doc said we're gonna be looking into once I have my appointment with him next month.

Edited by SummerTimeGirl

I take Bariatric Fusion Vitamins 2 in the am and 2 in the pm and 1 B12 5000mg on Mondays because of the high dosage. Surgery was in June and I will have my lab work done in September to see if they need to revise it.