Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your current fill in the APL 14cc band?

I've only had one fill 2cc in a 10 cc band and have no restriction yet, Next fill is 1/3/08.

My Dr. fills based on hunger, not weight loss. I like that b/c I did lose a little more at my last visit, but that is b/c I am restricting myself depsite the hunger. I am hungry!

I had just gotten to the real food part for two days when I got my fill and had to go back to liquids!

On full liquids yesterday and today after the fill yesterday, then onto soft food for two days. Those restrictions always help me to jump start another pound or two weight loss.

My next goal, under 200 by end of month. 2.5 pounds to go in 10 days. I can do it!

Second goal 6 to 8 pound weigh loss for Jan.

3 cc at surgery and a 3.25 cc fill with no restriction so far. I am going to go back in this week or next for some more fill. I like that she told me to call in a few days if they felt the fill was not adequate. My ARNP also gave me a Rx for some Adipex (prescription diet pills). She says that she finds it helpful for some who are "starving" like I am until they get proper restriction. I thought that was nice and unexpected. I haven't filled the prescription yet, but I like that they are approaching it from different angles.

Hi all.

I had my second fill on Wednesday, January 2.

I now have 7cc's in my band and after two days of liquids, started eating a little today. I had some crackers first, which usually are easy for me, and I got a little full too fast, it scared me. I then had dinner, smoked turkey and baked Beans. I ate extremely slow and did ok. I am definately feeling restriction.

Everyone says they get CC's of fill. I have the new AP Band - I was banded 11/30/07. I got my first fill 1/2/08 and he told me (and entered it on my chart) that he put in 1 ML. I do not feel ANY restriction really.

Jana

banded 11/30/07

326/276/150

02.07/now/goal

I think cc and ml are the same, but not exactly sure. You could ask your doc.

Everyone says they get CC's of fill. I have the new AP Band - I was banded 11/30/07. I got my first fill 1/2/08 and he told me (and entered it on my chart) that he put in 1 ML. I do not feel ANY restriction really.

Jana

banded 11/30/07

326/276/150

02.07/now/goal

Ya I know this is confusing but a cc and am ml are the same measurement.

I was banded on Nov. 21 and I have the 14cc band and I have nothing in it right now! I am still hungry all the time! Its like I don't even have the band in! I lost 11 pounds the first week and since then have gained 2 pounds. My doctor hasn't got back to me about how soon we can do a fill! But I think its 6 six weeks! I only know people who have the 5cc band and they don't understand why I'm hungry at this point. Is anyone else feeling this way??

Be patient, because you have a larger band it will take more fills to get you to the "Sweet Spot" of restriction. It usually goes something like this....

1st fill 4 or 5 cc's( in the bigger band varieties) + 2 cc's 2 wks later( if needed) + 1 cc 2 wks later (if needed) and so on... they keep 1/2ing the fill amount so that as you get closer to restriction a smaller adj. is needed.

Happy Camper,

I just got my second fill in 14cc band yesterday (Jan. 8), talked the doc into 3cc rather than 2 so I now have 8ccs in the band. I am also on liquids, but this is the first time, I can't gulp my liquids so I'm hoping this time I will feel restriction LOL.

Lori

just got another fill currently 6.6 cc, I was at 5.4 and had some restriction. I am hoping this does the trick. I'll keep you posted.

Second fill today of 2.5 ml to a total of 8.75 ml. I didn't have any restriction at 6.25 ml and I am on liquids for 2 days so I will see how I feel when I am back on solids. My provider says some people have trouble telling with liquids. I don't think I am very perceptive about how much restriction I am feeling during my fill appointments. Unless the Water actually comes back up, it all feels the same to me.

I also have the large band - was banded on Dec. 11th and am hungry a lot. I can eat everything (and have) but feel no restriction at all - haven't had my first fill yet either. It's totally a mental thing at this point - I'm forcing myself to stop eating. I'm consuming about 1/3 to 1/2 the amount I used to before being banded. Lost 18 lbs. the first two weeks after surgery (while on liquids) but as soon as I began eating food I've been yo-yo-ing up and down within 5 lbs.

I constantly read that .1 or .2 made such a difference and I could not get a grasp on that. I have the AP10cc band and just got my 4th fill .5cc put in to make it 7.cc total. HUGE difference, I'm struggling to get in at least 1/4c of food 3 times a day - and am finding it difficult. Guess this is what everyone has been talking about.

I was banded 07-11-07. After 5 fills I have 7.9cc in my APL. I have restriction (actually had to have 0.1cc Fluid and 0.2cc air removed from my band, long story about a long flight and a rare complication). The pounds are finally falling off. I recommend that you take it slow getting your fills, after having been too tight, it's miserable. I have lost 44 lbs from my heaviest and 32 lbs from my surgery date, I have 62 lbs to go. I love my band! Don't get discouraged, it works!

Hi,

I also have the APL band. After four fills, I'm now at 8 cc. I definitely feel more restriction, but after a meal, I start to feel hunger within 2 hours. How long do you go before feeling hungry?

I was just reading another thread where some of these women are eating very little and others 1/2 - 3/4 cup per meal. One of them doesn't do any snacking. I don't get it. I can't get by eating so little.

I guess this has left me feeling slightly frustrated and discouraged. However, I'm eating much less than before, and haven't had any soda since surgery!

I'm really happy to have found this thread. :cursing:

Anne