Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is scheduled for august 12th

I’m struggling to try and stay on the liquids only part of the pre op diet any tips

Check out the August surgeries on “where are my August peeps?” That group is mostly sleeve. There’s another for August bypass. They are both easy to find on the recents page.

By the way, my surgery is the same day as you! I have the hardest time after dinner with this liquid diet. I’ve been sewing, chatting on the phone, organizing my house, sewing, basically anything that keeps my hands busy and my mind off food. I’ve turned into a bit of a monster and told my family that the kitchen is closed at 6pm! The lights are off and I put a chair in front of the door. Eight days in and it’s working. Beware of watching TV because of the ads. I’ve been streaming videos or watching PBS when I do watch. Good luck and check out the other groups! You can do it for this short term.

Any August 2021 bypasses? Is the other name.

I been struggling with headaches since this liquid diet started I’m just waiting for the 12th to get her and I hope it comes quick

could be dehydration or caffeine/carb withdrawal. I had the same. You just have to white knuckle it and keep in mind that it's temporary. I remember being almost relieved the morning of surgery because the stupid liquid diet was finally over!! (or at least the pre-op one - post-op liquid diets are much easier!)

On 08/07/2021 at 07:41, catwoman7 said:

could be dehydration or caffeine/carb withdrawal. I had the same. You just have to white knuckle it and keep in mind that it's temporary. I remember being almost relieved the morning of surgery because the stupid liquid diet was finally over!! (or at least the pre-op one - post-op liquid diets are much easier!)

Yess I’m waiting on Thursday morning to get here I can’t wait for it to be here

Good luck on the 12th! Let us know how it goes. Hope you've been successful in sticking to your liquid diet.

08/10/2021 03:57 PM, lizonaplane said:

Good luck on the 12th! Let us know how it goes. Hope you've been successful in sticking to your liquid diet.

Yes I am I lost 15 pounds so far I checked yesterday and thank you I’m just ready for Thursday to get here

I like to tell people my story to maybe help them stick to the pre op diet. I had my surgery March 9th. My dr said I did excellent on my pre op diet. He told my husband on the phone and me the next day (I guess my liver was really shrunk down) and for what it’s worth I had very little pain afterwards. Especially no gas pain. I like to think they didn’t have to pump me full of air of bruise my insides because they were able to easily move around In there because I stuck to the diet so well. Of course it could be total coincidence but it makes me feel like it was worth it if it meant any less pain afterwards.