Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO NOW I am anorexic?? I hate people...

because people need to put others down in order to feel better about themselves. basically you need to surround yourself with those who will accept you for you. life is too short to deal with people who have nothing nice to say. congrats on your great accomplishment! may i ask you a few questions about your banding?

bre

Sure bre.

Feel free to pm me!

What a great topic, one I didn't notice before.

I'm already getting this,and excuse me - I'm still well over 200 lbs. and still have half my excess weight to lose. I even found out at my Dr.'s office that my new scale was way low, so I had to go back to my old scale and buy a new battery. I decided I would use the old one and subtract four pounds rather than add up (no way!) So, I'm back in the 240's. I'll adjust all my tickers and challenges tomorrow. :cursing:

Back on subject though, I think it really depends on the person. I really don't know why some people feel the need to say "don't start getting all anorexic and stuff". How stupid??? They didn't know me when I really was anorexic/bulemic. Anyway, that's a story for another day.

RSG, I agree, maybe some people just feel threatened and hate to see others succeed. Which I will!!!!!

I really don't know why some people feel the need to say "don't start getting all anorexic and stuff". How stupid??? They didn't know me when I really was anorexic/bulemic.

IMO, it's really insensitive to people who have real EDs to throw around the words anorexic like that. While some people's first trigger for an ED is to go on a diet, it's not like anyone who doesn't eat like a pig is anorexic.

It gets better....at my Dad's bday party this week his best friend told me how worried he was and he didn't want me to end up like Karen Carpenter!

He fails to see that I am a NORMAL BMI and a healthy person, healthier than him I am sure. I am 160 pounds, and 6". Well within normal. Jack ass.

Your father's friend is an ass.

Asses are annoying in general but then they try to pretend that their asshattery is really just "concern" and that's even worse.

Yeah, I'm sure he's *really* concerned that you are going to end up like Karen Carpenter. Because she was a morbidly obese woman who started dieting and couldn't stop. Only not.

The reality is that these people just want to be negative and say something mean. If you were struggling to lose weight or starting to regain, they could say how "concerned" they were about your health, but you've taken that away from them by being successful. So now all that is left is the lamest "concern" in the book.

Now if you had a BMI of 17 and were talking about how you needed to lose at least 10 more pounds and exercising excessively and wearing clothes that were at least a size or two too big because you were convinced you were a big fatty, he'd have a point. But otherwise? He's just an ass.

Feel free to tell him I said so.

(And, yes, I am in a pissy mood. Why do you ask? :cursing:)

Your father's friend is an ass.

Asses are annoying in general but then they try to pretend that their asshattery is really just "concern" and that's even worse.

Yeah, I'm sure he's *really* concerned that you are going to end up like Karen Carpenter. Because she was a morbidly obese woman who started dieting and couldn't stop. Only not.

The reality is that these people just want to be negative and say something mean. If you were struggling to lose weight or starting to regain, they could say how "concerned" they were about your health, but you've taken that away from them by being successful. So now all that is left is the lamest "concern" in the book.

Now if you had a BMI of 17 and were talking about how you needed to lose at least 10 more pounds and exercising excessively and wearing clothes that were at least a size or two too big because you were convinced you were a big fatty, he'd have a point. But otherwise? He's just an ass.

Feel free to tell him I said so.

(And, yes, I am in a pissy mood. Why do you ask? :))

lol...no reason at all...lol....

I don't fall into any of the aforementioned categories, so I am okielie dokilie! lol..

A great friend of mine told me recently that what other people think of me is not my business, what I think about myself is. I no longer discuss my weight or any other aspect of my appearance, my actions, my thoughts with others. It has helped alot to get rid of all the people who think that their opinion of me is my business. We live in a culture that has very few boundaries. I used have very few and I was always getting hit with lots of information, "advice", etc that I didn't want. All these people with opinions about what you should or shouldn't be doing need to look away from you and your life and focus their razor gaze on themselves. If you are busy critiquing someone elses backyard, I guarantee you haven't had time to mow your own!

KatW

he didn't want me to end up like Karen Carpenter!

Karen Carpenter?!? Way to keep the reference fresh and new for the younger folks, dad.....lol

I am sure if someone told me I looked too skinny I would say "feel free to go and buy me some ice cream. I'll wait right here"

Several years ago, I lost over 100lbs (low cal, starvation!) one of my best friends was FREAKING OUT when she started noticing my weightloss. She thought I was ill....I weighed 200lbs and she thought I was dying....

I asked her wtf her problem was and she told me she kept comparing my current body in her mind with my old one. Every time she saw me she expected to see the "old" me and when she didn't she was shocked all over again.

I don't think that's normally the case as most people are jealous assholes, lol.

:mad:I think alot of people are jelous ASSHOLES. At a party this weekend most nice, but the ones mean were horrible. One guy asked me if I had become a "Crack Whore". Seriously I am sick of it all. I am ready to move to where no one knew the old me.

BBK, where do you live? Since you're in the state of confusion, I am not sure if you're even in the USA. I know Chickie is an Aussie. With your DH's line of work, it would seem like you could move anywhere. You probably said where you live at one point, but things go in and out of my brain too quickly. I have CRS (can't remember shit)

I seriously doubt if anyone will ever tell me I am too thin.

OK my turn to rant! I have been giggling about some of the things said on this thread. Seems like this forum is the only place to go where I can get positive support. Luv ya guys!

this weekend BF was flaunting how easy it is for him to drop weight. "Oh lookie, I lost two pants sizes!!! Its soooo easy, I just eat blah blah blah." Then, master of the grill that he is, cooks up rib eyes all seasoned and tasty (never mind that I am still supposed to be on soft foods). And after that, he whines "I could sure go for one of those cappafrappacinofrostywhatchamacallit shakes that sonic has...." I told him to go get it, eat it there and DO NOT bring it home. So he did. He is not the best example of a support partner.

Then today, my boss, who is way heavier than anyone else where I work, extends her gratitude to all employees by giving us each a lunch BAG size bag of candy, with comments written all over about we are SMARTIES, she likes our LAFFY TAFFY, we are as precious as pepperMINT patties, smarter than TOOTSIE POPs, yada yada. Most of that is going home to my skinny son but I have to admit I succumbed to the sweets and had a few pieces.

Dammit anyway! But I will go to the Y tonite with a more supportive coworder to swim off the calories.

Seems like I have to be a hermit and live all alone to stay away from the stupid people.

BBK, where do you live? Since you're in the state of confusion, I am not sure if you're even in the USA. I know Chickie is an Aussie. With your DH's line of work, it would seem like you could move anywhere. You probably said where you live at one point, but things go in and out of my brain too quickly. I have CRS (can't remember shit)

I seriously doubt if anyone will ever tell me I am too thin.

I am in Michigan. My DH is no longer an xray tech. He is 100% military disabled. SO he is the stay at home dad.

You will be surprised what people actually think is too thin! :blink:

:mad:I think alot of people are jelous ASSHOLES. At a party this weekend most nice, but the ones mean were horrible. One guy asked me if I had become a "Crack Whore". Seriously I am sick of it all. I am ready to move to where no one knew the old me.

Some people are just assholes.

Eventually people forget what you looked like before, and stop commenting. 2 years later, people have stopped with the "You are too skkkiiinnnneeeyyyy" bullshit, and are just letting me be.

It takes time for people to adjust. But asshats will always be asshats. And the "Crack Whore" comment would have prompted me to ask if he was always a dickless wonder, or if this was a new thing.