Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2021- calling all Vets!

I am SEVEN YEARS post op next week. Oh. My. Lanta!!!! How time has flown by.

Feeling good, looking pretty good still working on it every single day.

Where are all the long time vets at and what's your update?

Hello! Still trucking! I had sleeve in November 2014...original total loss was 185 lbs. I am currently 15 lbs over my lowest weight, but slowly working my way back down. Hard to believe it has been almost 7 years!

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

six years out. Originally lost 235 lbs, gained 10 lbs in year 3 (which was expected since I knew going into this that a 10-20 lb bounceback after hitting bottom is super common). Gained 10 more lbs during COVID, which I'm currently working on losing (only want to lose the 10 I gained over the past year, though - I have no desire to go back to my lowest weight - it was too low for me)

18 Years post-op.

I don't really focus on weight gain / loss nor my plan. I'm pretty much on autopilot for such things. At my last medical appointment I was at the top of 'normal' BMI. That's more or less where I've been most of the time.

The novel coronavirus hasn't really impacted my life other than hair cuts. I need a hair cut. Oh, the pandemic did kill a few vacations, so looking forward to those starting back up.

Good luck

Tek

Hi hi hi. April 2015... still holding at 135 and think I lost muscle and gained fat as my clothes are a bit tigh. Hmm it is a thing. Always a thought and salways work in progress

I am also 7 years out from my VSG. I had some significant regain for a couple of years but have since turned it around and am currently a couple of pounds from my lowest weight. Even with the weight regain, I am grateful for my surgery since most of my health issues have resolved or improved. I am also finding it easier to lose weight since I still have less stomach capacity and reduced appetite.

I’m 7.5 years out. After losing 130 lbs I hovered at about 15 lbs over that up until about 3 months ago. Oddly, I’ve been gaining while consuming about the same calories and carbs as well as same level of exercise. Now up about 27 lbs from lowest level.

Not sure what to do, but I suppose the obvious is lowering calories and carbs and at least maintaining exercise levels.

HW 327 in 12/16 SW 308 5/17 and I've had two pregnancies since and I'm around 165lbs now. I'd still like to loose another 20lbs.