Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else super tired week one or two?

My sleeve was the 9th so I am just over a week out. I feel like if I let myself I could sleep all day and all night. No pain, just tired. I know sleep is good for healing so I am taking naps but is this normal?

I am feeling the same - mine was on the 10th. I take mid day naps that help a lot.

I felt super tired during weeks 1 & 2. My energy slowly returned, a little bit more each week after. I'm a little over 5 months post-op and I have so much more energy. Especially when I get enough sleep at night.

Hang in there! It will get better. WLS is MAJOR; it takes time to bounce back.

I had surgery the same day. I am very tired but once I get up in the morning I cannot nap, don’t know why. I go back to work next week, so I walked for a mile yesterday and feel like I have a bit more energy today. Saw the de for my first post op visit and he said every day you will get a little more energy back. Hope everything else is going good!

Had surgery on the 8th, the same for me was very tired week one. This week I can’t sleep at all. I go back to work next week so I hope I can get back into a good sleep pattern

OMG - yes. the exhaustion during week one and two was intense. It got better in week three for me, but I still tire much easier than normal. I expect that this will go away once I am more fully healed and able to intake more calories.

This is very normal. You’ve had a major surgery & you’re consuming very little. Remember the old adage of resting to heal/recover. That’s what your body is doing at the moment. Plus it’s working pretty darn hard burning just not what your consuming to function but also your fat stores.

Some of us also have another drop of energy a few months a long. I was so tired I almost fell of my treadmill around month 4.

Best advice is to listen to your body. If it says rest, rest. I never slept as well as I did after surgery. Oh & nana naps are the best.

Congrats on your surgeries.

It took me a few months to get my energy level up. Totally normal! Might even be worse before it starts getting better. I seem to recall week 3-4 being bad for many.

Edited by momof3_angels

I had mine on 3/1 and the first week I felt awesome - clear-headed and waking up like a real human adult. Then week two came and I was EXHAUSTED all the time. I think it was in part related to PMS but I also was told by the pre-op nurse that I had to keep in mind that I'd be functioning on 200-400 calories a day and would naturally be tired. I also have heard that the body heals most when we sleep so maybe that is part of it too! Just trying to make sure I stay hydrated - I had one night of super dizzyness and I DO NOT want to do that again!

I love the post surgery sleep! I feel rested every day I wake up and the mid afternoon naps are the best. My body is definitely healing because of it. So thankful I had this surgery with no issues.