Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do any of you wonder if your stomach is too small or too big?

I've had no trouble with Water from the moment I woke up from sugery. I have been able to drink not just sip. I believe I can already hold close to cup of food. I haven't tried it but I feel like I have room to spare after half a cup. I am not pushing the limit. I have not been sick or nauseous for a minute. I also have no hunger or feel the need for food right now. Just wondering...This does not seem to be common. I have lost 15 pounds in 17 days since surgery.

Edited by Tim C

I'm exactly the same, a little over a week out. Except that I'm hungry all the time. Makes me feel like my stomach is too big and the whole thing was pointless.

I am not hungry at all except occaisional head hunger.. Don't feel that way, probably head hunger. You can make this work. I have lost 15 lbs in 17 days!

5 minutes ago, Tim C said:

I am not hungry at all except occaisional head hunger.. Don't feel that way, probably head hunger. You can make this work. I have lost 15 lbs in 17 days!

You are losing about as fast as I did. I started preop 135 days ago and have lost 85 lbs. It was ~1 lb a day for quite a while at the early stages of our journey. In the last 2 months, it has slowed to under 10 lbs a month now, but is still steady but slower as I approach my maintenance weight already.

As far as if I feel my stomach is too small or too large, I believe it is just the right size. I was never hungry or full before this journey and now I feel full at about 3/4 cup of food. I am not sure I am getting hungry yet but can tell when it is time for me to eat.

3 minutes ago, mswillis5 said:

You are losing about as fast as I did. I started preop 135 days ago and have lost 85 lbs. It was ~1 lb a day for quite a while at the early stages of our journey. In the last 2 months, it has slowed to under 10 lbs a month now, but is still steady but slower as I approach my maintenance weight already.

As far as if I feel my stomach is too small or too large, I believe it is just the right size. I was never hungry or full before this journey and now I feel full at about 3/4 cup of food. I am not sure I am getting hungry yet but can tell when it is time for me to eat.

What did you weigh on sugery day? My initil surgery should have been 12/16a nd got delayed because of Covid. I want this fat gone!

6 minutes ago, mswillis5 said:

Man that is awesome. I hope I am able to keep this up.

On 03/11/2021 at 11:56, Tim C said:

I've had no trouble with Water from the moment I woke up from sugery. I have been able to drink not just sip. I believe I can already hold close to cup of food. I haven't tried it but I feel like I have room to spare after half a cup. I am not pushing the limit. I have not been sick or nauseous for a minute. I also have no hunger or feel the need for food right now. Just wondering...This does not seem to be common. I have lost 15 pounds in 17 days since surgery.

So.... I have had this question and I’m actually afraid because I had surgery a month ago I lost 20 lbs but I am able to eat a burger( no bun, no lettuces) I’m able to eat good portions and I only struggle with certain foods. Don’t get me wrong I’m drinking my shake and keeping a count I don’t go above 600 calories per day except on the burger day or the day I had grilled chiken with Beans and peppers ( my version of tacos ) lol but yea I am totally afraid that my stomach is too big and it was for nothing although I’m loosing weight my friends who did it say they couldn’t hold any food down and were on straight shakes for like 3 months

4 hours ago, Tim C said:

Don't feel that way, probably head hunger

No, dude, I know the difference between wanting to eat because I want to eat and being hungry.

1 hour ago, OAGBPal said:

I think I'm confused at the premise for this thread?

Do you have 10% of your previous stomach or 20-25%. That is the premise.

14 minutes ago, OAGBPal said:

OK cool. Well, congratulations on losing 15 lbs in 17 days, I can definitely see why you'd want to share that. :)

Thanks. No hunger yet and I can knock a 20 oz Protein shke out in a few minutes. I am intermitent fasting. All calories are between noon and 6pm.

I have no hunger and I only eat about 3 ounces at one sitting. I try to eat at least 4 times a day and get my Fluid in. I am only eating Protein right now to make sure I reach my protein goal. I feel great and so happy not to have that hunger. I lost 13 lbs so far as of Tuesday, so 13 lbs in two weeks.

1 hour ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

I have no hunger and I only eat about 3 ounces at one sitting. I try to eat at least 4 times a day and get my Fluid in. I am only eating Protein right now to make sure I reach my Protein goal. I feel great and so happy not to have that hunger. I lost 13 lbs so far as of Tuesday, so 13 lbs in two weeks.

That's great! I have lost about 18 lbs since 2/23. I am in my second stall right now.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:56 AM, Tim C said:

I've had no trouble with Water from the moment I woke up from surgery. I have been able to drink not just sip. I believe I can already hold close to cup of food. I haven't tried it but I feel like I have room to spare after half a cup. I am not pushing the limit. I have not been sick or nauseous for a minute. I also have no hunger or feel the need for food right now. Just wondering...This does not seem to be common. I have lost 15 pounds in 17 days since surgery.

I had a really hard time eating or drinking at all for the first two weeks after my surgery and was still struggling somewhat a couple of months later. We were starting to wonder if maybe I had a stricture, so my surgeon said if it didn't get better soon, he'd do a scope. But I did improve, so we never had to do it. I think my surgeon was aggressive with the amount of my stomach he removed and that helped me to lose all of my excess weight. I haven't had any major complications, so I think he did a good job!

9 hours ago, Jaelzion said:

I had a really hard time eating or drinking at all for the first two weeks after my surgery and was still struggling somewhat a couple of months later. We were starting to wonder if maybe I had a stricture, so my surgeon said if it didn't get better soon, he'd do a scope. But I did improve, so we never had to do it. I think my surgeon was aggressive with the amount of my stomach he removed and that helped me to lose all of my excess weight. I haven't had any major complications, so I think he did a good job!

I see you have lost over half your body weight! Congrats on that!! Do you remember how much you lost the first 30 days, 90 days? I am in a stall and frustrated right now after a good start.