Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I just learned what the foamies are

I'm in the pureed food stage and for lunch I had chicken salad. I had it for dinner yesterday and it was ok. Today, I guess was a lesson to LISTEN to my baby sleeve because it was about 3/4 through my portion that I started to feel full-ish. Since the amount I'm allowed is so tiny, I just didn't relate it to being enough or full. About 15 minutes later I had awful hiccups that wouldn't calm down and then the foamies. Is it still considered the foamies if there was some barf too? The uncomfortable feelings and hiccups stopped immediately after. Then about 10 minutes later my son and I were leaving the grocery store and I got hiccups again and then I felt it coming up again. I had to have him pull over and more foamie/barf. UGH.

Lesson learned.

Oh, ugh, sorry this happened to you. But yay for getting through it? I hear you about not thinking that tiny portion is nearly enough - it's weird adjusting to this new tummy. My docs seems to have a super conservative approach as I'm just now allowed to have cream Soup and pureed Beans, etc. Saturday I can start pureed meats and veggies. Sometimes I can eat two TB of cottage cheese and other times I get 3/4 of the way through and I have to push away from the table.

I haven't had the foamies yet or thrown up (though I came really close with a nasty Vitamin chew) but I'm sure there will be some "Oh, snap" moments!

I think the moral of the story is that we're going to have a lot of trial and error these next few months.

15 hours ago, GreenThumb said:

Oh, ugh, sorry this happened to you. But yay for getting through it? I hear you about not thinking that tiny portion is nearly enough - it's weird adjusting to this new tummy. My docs seems to have a super conservative approach as I'm just now allowed to have cream Soup and pureed Beans, etc. Saturday I can start pureed meats and veggies. Sometimes I can eat two TB of cottage cheese and other times I get 3/4 of the way through and I have to push away from the table.

I haven't had the foamies yet or thrown up (though I came really close with a nasty Vitamin chew) but I'm sure there will be some "Oh, snap" moments!

I think the moral of the story is that we're going to have a lot of trial and error these next few months.

Yes, I lived and learned! Do not want a repeat of that.

Do you have a time frame in which to eat? I get up to 30 minutes and with tiny bites it isn’t much food but I’m not hungry anyway so I guess it works out. Do you have hunger?

55 minutes ago, NiceAnkles said:

Do you have a time frame in which to eat? I get up to 30 minutes and with tiny bites it isn’t much food but I’m not hungry anyway so I guess it works out. Do you have hunger?

Unfortunately, it will most likely happen again. All foods fill you up differently. 3 months out, and if I eat too fast I still get them.

4 hours ago, bufbills said:

Unfortunately, it will most likely happen again. All foods fill you up differently. 3 months out, and if I eat too fast I still get them.

Nooooooo!
sigh

7 hours ago, NiceAnkles said:

No, I don't think they ever mentioned a timeframe, just portion size, but I do take my time. If 2 TB is feeling like a lot (and it depends on what I'm eating - 2 TB of cottage cheese takes much longer and fills me up way more than 2 TB of cream Soup or yogurt), I'll slow down in between bites, but I don't think I've ever still been sitting there after a half-hour and thinking I need more. I do have hunger (I think?) but it feels way different now. It's like a rolling cramp almost. And the weirdest part is that it's no longer connected to my brain, if that makes any sense (and I hope it stays that way!!!).