Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored Unjury - Yuk!

Hi All, I have received lots of good advice from these posts, but one bit I could have passed on was the unlfavored Unjury. I received it in the mail yesterday and I have tried it in Water, milk and diet green tea - it is gross! If I mix a little of my chocolate EAS protien in with it with my milk, then I can stand it, but otherwise it makes me gag. I will try it in a Soup later, otherwise I'll keep mixing it with the chocolate until it's gone.

If anyone has any other ideas on how I can make it taste better, please let me know...

Thank you!

This is the only flavor I get. I mix it with milk a little OJ, splenda and a splash of vanilla. Tastes like an Orange Julius a 50/50 bar / orange creamsicle.

Another good one is unjury, 8 oz milk, cap of lemon flavor, splash of vanilla and splenda. Tastes like those lemon Cookies with powdered sugar.

I think the key is the splenda. Their vanilla and chocolate have a sweetener but the unflavored doesn't.

Hope this helps:)

I agree with you Peaches. I cant even do a Protein shake right now. I tried one this morning and for some reason it was not going down well, didnt appeal to my taste buds, and quite simply gross. Yet its funny, but i drank these like crazy before the band....hmmmmm weird huh?

So for now, I am surviving on apple juice, Water, hot choc, Soup.< /p>

I look forward to my mashed potatoes stage.....lol

I tried the unflavored unjury in apple juice and practically threw up with the first sip.....blach:puke:

talk to you soon....Debbie

Hi All, I have received lots of good advice from these posts, but one bit I could have passed on was the unlfavored unjury. I received it in the mail yesterday and I have tried it in Water, milk and diet green tea - it is gross! If I mix a little of my chocolate EAS protien in with it with my milk, then I can stand it, but otherwise it makes me gag. I will try it in a Soup later, otherwise I'll keep mixing it with the chocolate until it's gone.

If anyone has any other ideas on how I can make it taste better, please let me know...

Thank you!

I mix it with sugar free instant pudding. Mix the unflavored Unjury with milk first, then put a box of sugar free instant pudding in and mix it up.

I open a package or two of unflavored every morning and just sprinkle it on foods through out the day. Its 20 extra grams of Protein with out any bad taste.

I love the chocolate, but I have to agree, the unflavored is gross! I can't even stand the smell of it. I've tried it in Jello, pudding, yogurt, etc and it doesn't get any better. My chocolate is gone and I still have almost a 3/4 full container of unflavored. My nutritionist gave me some unflavored from GNC. It at least doesn't smell so nasty, and it is actually better.

I didn't like it in Propel but I have added it to instant pudding, oatmeal, and mashed potatoes and couldn't taste it at all, plus it didn't change the texture of the food at all. So if you have some left that you want to use up, try it in mushies and soft foods when you're allowed to have them and see if you like it better.

Same thing I did, I used it in things with stronger tastes, so I could have flavor plus Protein. I never tried it on its own---I never found any Protein powder I could do that with! But I added un flavored to all kinds of things, that the sweetened flavors like choc. or vanilla would not work. I added it to marinara sauce--soups----gravy...that kind of thing. I used the unflavored in savory type of foods, and the flavored to enhance shakes. I used the Da Vinci syrups, so, I made all kinds of flavors of shakes. SF pudding works great too, but too much---and you get pudding not a shake!!! Lesson learned the hard way!

Protein powders by and large are not tastefull---but working with them, you can use them to assist in your recovery, and continued health. Soon you will be able to get it from food, now it is just a medicine to be dealt with!

Good Luck!

Kat

I use the unflavor Unjury in my morning coffee (cooled a bit) and I use sf Creamer too - I use in my yogurt/fruit smothies - I have used it in my Soups and think it would be good mixed with a crystal lite but I have never used it in just Water or tea - it has a taste which i don't think I would like in water or tea..

Hello everyone,

I mix my Unflavored Unjury with a product that I get off Home Shopping Network. HSN.com - The Original Site for Home Shopping. It's made by Andrew Lessman. It is a Meal Replacement. With lots of vitimans in it and also it mixes with waterand only 70 calories! It also comes in different flavors and has 7 grams of Protein and then I add the unflavored Unjury with it for a total of 27 grams of protein. It mixes well, with no grit. I love it. I have tried the chocolate, coffee, and the vanilla. Next I am going to try the pinacolada flavor. Everyone on HSN said it was great. Good luck.

Debbie

That's too bad you don't like it. I put it in practically everything I eat - which has mainly been Soups and mashed potatoes at this point. I would never mix it just in Water. Yuck. I put the vanilla and the chocolate into my coffee.

I like carrying some of it with me so I can mix it into foods when I'm out so I don't overeat and I get enough Protein to not be hungry. I have the travel packets which I keep in my purse. The unflavored could also be mixed with a fruit smoothie or something. They should have sent you some recipes when you ordered it. Some of those look good.

I hope you find a way to make it work!

I make a great shake every morning with it. I use about 1/2 cup of frozen fruit, 1 cup of Silk vanilla lowfat soymilk and 2 splendas. I blend it with my hand blender & it's yummy yummy. I tried it with cream of wheat, yuck.

I measure out one scoop of unflavored and add a little to my pudding cup, my yogurt, add a little to my juice, little to my smoothie. I just add a little here and there to get me the extra Protein. I dont put a whole scoop in anything unless I make pudding.

I would never just drink it plain. Try just adding a little bit to something. I think 4 table spoons = one scoop. so it is 5 protein per tablespoon.

I actualy keep the unflavored in an small container at my desk with a table spoon so I can add it to things. I think it makes me feel full.