Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grossed out by everything!!

I am 1 month post op today. And I am literally grossed out by everything. Even when I think something is going to be delicious to eat (for example tuna) couple bites in I'm so over it and never want to see it again. I'm running out of food options during this soft food diet here It's actually very frustrating and I wanna cry.

Sent from my SM-N981U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 8 months out and nothing really tastes great to me, tbh. I don't have cravings really... I usually pick the thing I am wanting most, then I start eating it... and it's just, eh. Only thing that tastes great to me --- which I hadn't had really since my sleeve... was mayo. Yesterday I had a turkey sandwich on Aldi's Keto bread and only the mayo tasted good to me.

My favorite things in the world: chicken and ketchup - I really don't like anymore.

Thing is - I am hungry a lot. Like 2 hours after I eat - I get hungry again, so I do still eat but it is merely to stop my stomach from growling/feeling hungry... not because I enjoy it.

Edited by Lanie992

I think its common to go through phases/cycles of food aversion? (I *think*)

I had a big case of it the first 2 months. It got better, but would still be a regular occurrence throughout the next several months. I still get it sometimes (I.m 2+ years out). In fact, I sort of had it just a couple weeks ago and it lasted almost a week.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, ElPasoSleeveGal said:

I am 1 month post op today. And I am literally grossed out by everything. Even when I think something is going to be delicious to eat (for example tuna) couple bites in I'm so over it and never want to see it again. I'm running out of food options during this soft food diet here It's actually very frustrating and I wanna cry.

Sent from my SM-N981U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am right here with you. I am or will be 6 wks post-op on Feb 23rd, and I can hardly eat anything. I try. All that tastes good to me is Jello. I want to eat. I think the food smells good and I crave certain things but I can't eat them. IDK, maybe it is still really too soon to be worried about eating. However, I'm sick to death of Protein Shakes. I just about can't do those anymore, and i have tried many and spent lots of money trying to find things I can eat and like.

Oh my gosh, I didn’t know this was a thing! I’m like 16 days out and I’m sick to death of everything. Nothing tastes good. Nothing even tastes tolerable. I literally want to lay in my bed and never eat again.

It's definitely normal! I'm almost two weeks out and while everything smells great, when I eat it I'm making myself finish it (and sometimes not even managing that). I would be content to just live on Protein Shakes, Protein Water and supplements, but I know I have to follow the program.

I've no doubt it will pass at some point.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:28 PM, Lanie992 said:

I am 8 months out and nothing really tastes great to me, tbh. I don't have cravings really... I usually pick the thing I am wanting most, then I start eating it... and it's just, eh. Only thing that tastes great to me --- which I hadn't had really since my sleeve... was mayo. Yesterday I had a turkey sandwich on Aldi's Keto bread and only the mayo tasted good to me.

My favorite things in the world: chicken and ketchup - I really don't like anymore.

Thing is - I am hungry a lot. Like 2 hours after I eat - I get hungry again, so I do still eat but it is merely to stop my stomach from growling/feeling hungry... not because I enjoy it.

I noticed my stomach growls when my food is digesting and it’s not because I am hungry just digesting but it’s the same as when I was hungry pre op. Maybe it’s just that?? And I mean growls like a lot and loudly.