Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Five weeks GastricBypass post op. STALLSS!!!

So, I am 5 weeks post up. I had the bypassed done. I am 23 years old female 5’5 starting weight 252lb surgery weight 248lb current weight 220lb. So pretty much I’ve only lost 30 pounds so far and I’ve been at a stall for about two week and half I tried everything but nothing is changing my weight idk what to do. It’s pretty frustrating! Any tips or advices to overcome the stall? Will I eventually start loosing again? I’m assuming I’m a slow looser. 🥺

You're doing great! You've actually lost MORE than average for the first month after surgery, especially considering that you started with a BMI on the low end. Stalls in the first month are extremely common -- we call it the "three week stall" because it usually happens around 3 weeks post-op. There are a lot of superstitions around how to end a stall, but the reality is that a stall is just your body catching up to the changes, and all you can do is be patient and stick with your program. Don't worry; it happens to almost all of us. I know you probably waited a long time to get this surgery and you're ready to be skinny, but it takes time. Congrats on your success so far!

Everybody and I mean everybody stalls at Weeks 3 or 4 and you're doing nothing wrong, it's just how it works. Hang in there. Don't give up. Stay focused on hydration and getting the Protein. It'll pass and you'll start losing again. I promise.

I've stalled too from the middle of week 4. I'm just going to take everyone's advice, carry on with the plan and keep my fingers crossed for the weight loss to restart.

Stalls happen. It's a normal part of the experience as annoying as it is. I've had so many I've lost count, but still get massively frustrated every time I have one. I just got over a 15 day stall today by losing 3 pounds. My longest stall was 27 days. I'd say try not to stress about it, but if you're anything like me you'll stress anyway... I hope yours ends soon!

Edited by NovaLuna

I just had a 2 week stall. Lost 2 pounds today, so hopefully it's over. It happens. Keep on the plan and it will eventually happen.

Wow I’m glad i found this forum , and reading the comments is a relief because I’m 3 weeks out on Friday and I’m stalled I’m stuck at 215 and I’ve lost 25 lbs already but it’s so sad not seeing the scale move but I’m glad to see that it’s a normal thing around 2-3 weeks post op!