Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days out so many ??s

Oh my gosh. So many things that all those appointments before surgery never touched on!!! I had surgery on Monday (Nov 24th) came home Tuesday. I am a pretty tough cookie but I haven't had any real pain?? Is that normal???

Smells are overwhelming and make me a little nauseous, doing dishes isn't physically demanding but the smells are hard ???

I love to sleep, sleeping was my favorite hobby now I am like a bunny on crack!! I lay in bed at night at have tried the sound machines, dark room, a little sleepy tea but if I sleep 5 hours a night its a lot????

Its just my husband and I (and the dog) at home and I we farm, I have all winter off and planned on recovery being a bugger and now I am thinking I must be in a honeymoon stage or something, is this going to crash and I'm going to be miserable???

I am not taking any pain medication, just my cocktail of bariatric Vitamins, protonics and zofran if needed.

Any advice would be awesome.

2 hours ago, Betty1971 said:

Oh my gosh. So many things that all those appointments before surgery never touched on!!! I had surgery on Monday (Nov 24th) came home Tuesday. I am a pretty tough cookie but I haven't had any real pain?? Is that normal???

Smells are overwhelming and make me a little nauseous, doing dishes isn't physically demanding but the smells are hard ???

I love to sleep, sleeping was my favorite hobby now I am like a bunny on crack!! I lay in bed at night at have tried the sound machines, dark room, a little sleepy tea but if I sleep 5 hours a night its a lot????

Its just my husband and I (and the dog) at home and I we farm, I have all winter off and planned on recovery being a bugger and now I am thinking I must be in a honeymoon stage or something, is this going to crash and I'm going to be miserable???

I am not taking any pain medication, just my cocktail of bariatric Vitamins, protonics and zofran if needed.

12 days out. Very little pain for me as well. I walked from recovery to my room at the hospital. Three days of pain medication.

I had the smell thing too. Its gone now.

I had a little insomnia for a few nights but it passed, as well.

Sounds to me like your having a similar recovery to me. I have felt very fortunate since I woke up in recovery. I was expecting a rough time.

3 hours ago, Betty1971 said:

I had surgery on Thursday the 19th, home on the 20th and no real pain. Took pain meds twice before bed “just in case” and that’s it. I also feel I have a lot of energy consider I went through surgery. I was back working (from home) on Tuesday (6 days after surgery) and have no problem working 10 hr days. Busy year end time. I get up every hour and walk around the house for 10 min so I’m not sitting all day. I did 7,000 steps the other day. Not bad for 1 week after surgery. I’m very pleased by the recovery. I was for sure expecting worse.
I have just started purged and soft food but I’m scared! I’m still eating Soup and shakes but know I need to move onto other foods.
how are you doing with food? And weight loss?

I haven't weighed myself since I came home from the hospital. I am trying to only weigh in twice month, just so I do not get too hung up on the numbers. I just moved from Clear Liquids to full liquids today but I was little afraid of that too, not because I have pain just because in my head I am telling myself it could be bad...lol

I did get 2 shakes in today so I thought that was decent progress. I have my first follow up on Tuesday and I will weigh in at that time.

My husband is set up for this next month and we set the winter aside thinking it was going to be a long process and kind of planned on some bumps so I am pleased he is seeing a smooth ride so he does not get nervous and chicken out.

I hope this is the beginning of a smooth process and we all get to where we need to be. I am reading a lot about the Keto Eupohoria (not sure on that spelling) but I am almost thinking my energy may be coming from that. I am not complaining because I am knocking out end of year here as well!!!

I had very little pain after surgery. I didn’t need any pain medication, even Tylenol, after I got out of the hospital. I just had some gas pain the first day, and a little internal discomfort when drinking. I didn’t have insomnia, though; I think I slept about the same amount as usual.

I think it’s good that your recovery is going so well. The days right after surgery are the hardest, so it should be smooth sailing from here!

I never had a single minute of pain, never took any pain meds. I just had 24 hours of nausea after the surgery (while still in the hospital) and after that it was a DREAM! Easy peasy. Enjoy it!

smells really bothered me the first few days/weeks, too. And my sense of taste became more intense, too - which was probably related. I don't notice it anymore and haven't in a really long time. Not sure if it went away or if I just got used to it.

Thanks everyone. The sleeping thing is getting better, I just stay up later and get up earlier, not a bad thing at all in the big scheme of things. I think it is mainly from not doing much physically, I am a farm woman so I am used to being outside doing something most everyday with the hubs and now I am a house flower!

Smells are still a bit overwhelming but I am just learning how to breathe through the rough spots.

Still no pain so super happy, I am moving on to phase 2 of food today and not really expecting any bumps.

Enjoy the weekend and thanks for the input!!!