Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What % of excess weight have you lost & in how long?

All I know is I lost 20 pounds more than I thought I would I'm very happy with where I am at this point and plan to maintain.

My starting weight was 91kg & my goal weight was 60kg & a BMI of 23 (losing 31kg) which my surgeon supported. I reached that at 6mths to my surgery day. So I lost 100% of my excess weight. But I continued to lose as I tried to work out my maintenance & I struggle to maintain where I am now (48.3kg this morning a new low. The honeymoon period is still working for me but I know it has to end soon.) So I’ve lost 42.7kg or 137% of my excess weight. I’ve literally almost lost half of myself. Mind blown!

The goal is to maintain once you’ve lost your weight & that is where the 60-70% average figure comes in - it’s the excess weight you’ve lost & kept off by the year 3 (or is it year 4???) mark.

But everyone’s story is different & you’ll find your sweet spot - the weight you’re happy at & can maintain while enhancing & enjoying your life.

I hit my goal weight in May - 20 months post op. 100% of my excess weight is gone and I've now maintained for 6 months. Still a daily struggle to ensure I stay on track to stay at goal. But very happy with where I am!