Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my Lap Band removed three years ago. Now, my weight is starting to come back. I couldn't have a revision done at the time of the removal because I was not overweight. I weighed 143 lbs.

Now, I'm up to 162. I have an appointment with my surgeon about, hopefully, a revision surgery. My BMI is now 33.

Has anyone had a revision years later? Did you insurance pay for it.

I'm scared. I can't go back to 230 lbs.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums.

Don't think of whatever you do until you get your revision as a diet. You and I know that diets don't work. Think of it as your new eating plan that you will do for the rest of your life.

Your band restricted portion size. Presumably you also had an eating plan to go with the smaller portion size. Return to the plan and return to portion size as best you can.

Your plan was supposed to be for the rest of your life so get back on board.

Your insurance is as likely to pay for your revision as it would if you never had surgery in the first place.

Do the best you can. If you give up on your plan until you have surgery, well, then you very well may gain your weight back.

Good luck,

Tek

Insurance paid but I had to qualify with BMI 35 and comorbid conditions or BMI 40 without, just as with the original surgery.
I seriously don't want to gain anymore weight just to qualify again [emoji31] obviously, I need something to keep the weight off.
Thanks for responding.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome to the forums.
Don't think of whatever you do until you get your revision as a diet. You and I know that diets don't work. Think of it as your new eating plan that you will do for the rest of your life.
Your band restricted portion size. Presumably you also had an eating plan to go with the smaller portion size. Return to the plan and return to portion size as best you can.
Your plan was supposed to be for the rest of your life so get back on board.
Your insurance is as likely to pay for your revision as it would if you never had surgery in the first place.
Do the best you can. If you give up on your plan until you have surgery, well, then you very well may gain your weight back.
Good luck,
Tek
Thank you for responding.

Every insurance company has a different policy. Call and inquire what your insurance company's requirements are for bariatric WL surgery.

Insurance paid but I had to qualify with BMI 35 and comorbid conditions or BMI 40 without, just as with the original surgery.
I can't believe they would turn me down after my band being taken off for 3 years and now I'm gaining [emoji35]

What I found was that my insurance didn’t care one way or the other about the previous surgery. The reason was that it was longer than a year since, so it was not considered to be a revision in their view.

I suggest you call them yourself to be sure. Also highly suggest you go for bulky clothing and wear your heavy boots 😂

What I found was that my insurance didn’t care one way or the other about the previous surgery. The reason was that it was longer than a year since, so it was not considered to be a revision in their view.

I suggest you call them yourself to be sure. Also highly suggest you go for bulky clothing and wear your heavy boots [emoji23]
The band has been off for 3 years. I'm now putting weight on. I will fight the insurance. Trust me.

I already thought about putting bunch of rocks in my pockets and wearing my heaviest boots [emoji23]

On 11/2/2020 at 7:52 AM, Circlesis said:
I suggest you call them yourself to be sure. Also highly suggest you go for bulky clothing and wear your heavy boots 😂

Unless your doctor makes you strip down. Mine makes me take off my shoes, coats & once even my skirt. No where to hide when they do that. 😁

Good luck.

Oh, yeah lots of fun around here & everyone is happy to share all their gory, embarrassing, surprising stories & experiences. 😁