Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sure someone more experienced than me will be along soon to advise, but in the meantime....

First of all, give yourself a hug and a pat on the back for weighing in and recognising your problem. In years of yo-yo dieting the hardest thing I found was often steeling myself to go back on the scales and see what damage I'd done to my weight.

The logical thing would seem to be to take some time to write down honestly what you are doing/not doing that is causing the weight gain. You lost a lot of weight in 2012 so you know what you should and shouldn't do. It's important to be honest with yourself.

Then work out how you can address each issue. The easy thing to say would be: "go back to an 800 calorie a day diet for 4 weeks on Protein Shakes and then calorie count at maybe 1220 pd to lose the weight you've gained". But to do that you are going to have to counter the things that put obstacles in your path i.e. eating through stress/boredom; lack of time to plan etc etc.

You've done it before, you can do it again.

Stuff Happens - You know what to do! Get back on a healthy lifestyle and so you OOOPSED you figured you need to get back.

So put on your big girl undies and lets get er done! YOU GOT THIS

Btw I have seen many here fall off the good road and get back on it and get back to healthy you are not alone it is common. I am coming up to that dreaded two year mark and i guess its common to mess up around that timeline so I most likely will screw up to.

when I'm dealing with regain I just go back to the basics - not all the way back to Protein Shakes, but the whole Protein first, then vegetables, and then if I have room (and can fit them into my calorie range), maybe a serving of fruit or whole-grain, healthy carbs.

my maintenance range is 1500-1700 calories per day, so if I need to lose a few pounds, I strictly monitor my intake (through tracking) and make sure I stay within that range. If I need to lose a few pounds, I try to stay at the lower end of that range or just under it. I'll also weigh myself several times a week.

if you don't know how many calories you're averaging now, then track your intake for a couple of weeks to see. Once you know what you're eating now, cut it by about 100 calories a day. If a couple of weeks go by and you haven't lost anything, then cut it by another 100 calories (I find it easier to do it this way than to suddenly drop several hundred calories - it's easier to adjust when you ease into it slowly). At some point, you'll find your sweet spot where you're losing weight again.

I started to regain as well. Fortunately for me I have a group of family and friends who have had bariatric surgery and we counsel each other. Here is what I have been doing to combat the weight regain.

1- First and foremost I stop eating after 7PM and don't start eating until 8AM the next day. This has a double effect. First it's an intermitent fast AND it stops me from eating/snacking before I go to sleep. As I found, two very important steps to take as it does have a positive effect on your body's ability to lose weight.

2- ANY exercise that I can get I do. Whether it's walking stairs, doing yard work, walking instead of driving.

3- I don't eat processed foods. They are empty calories and have no nutritional benefits what so ever.

4- I don't snack. I eat only when I'm hungry during my 8AM-7PM window and eat to get the feeling of fullness.

5- Adhere strictly to the 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after rule for drinking Water.

I hope this helps.

I'm a little late to the party, but...

Return to your plan. Returning to plan isn't sexy, it isn't fast, but you already know it works. You already know dieting doesn't. Diet's end then you return to bad habits. Your plan is forever.

Good luck,

Tek