Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thankful Thread for 9/28 - 10/4

Hey there!

Coming back with a new Thankful Thread for this week after taking last week off.

What are the things you are thankful for this week?

I am thankful for so many kind, compassionate, and uplifting voices on this site and the knowledge that they possess and share.

I'm thankful for finding some amazing 1-Carb low-cal tortillas and being able to share them with others here. I think I am going to pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store tonight and a jar of enchilada sauce just so I can keep using them.

I'm thankful that I'll be taking a small vacation next week and visiting one of my favorite places again. There's some stress about COVID, but I've got a game plan to keep the risk to myself minimal.

I'm thankful that I have lost enough weight that I can go hike in the woods for 2 hours and not feel completely sore and exhausted afterwards.

How about you?

I am so excited that today I weighed less than my husband for the first time in our 11 year relationship! He was about 20 pounds lighter when we met, and I was 5-10 pounds lighter than my current weight. He is also about 6 inches taller than me 🤦🏼‍♀️

I am thankful for the ability to log over 7 hours of exercise, according to my Apple Watch, last week. I could never have done that 3 months ago.

I am thankful for my neighbors. My next door neighbor hosted a neighborhood party last night and it just reaffirmed what an amazing neighborhood I get to live in.

I am also thankful for all the support and ideas provided from everyone on this site.

Edited by WishMeSmaller

1. for not having covid tested Friday negative whoohoo

2. maintaining goal weight for the last 6 months

3.living a heathier life

4. loving a happier me and feeling better physically

5. my support on this site of the many who have become virtual friends

I am also thankful that I was able to quit caffeine back in April and have not returned to it. I may be tired on some days and could no doubt get a boost from some coffee, but I feel good without it, despite occasionally missing my Dunkies Iced Coffees. :)

I was looking forward to this thread!

So thankful for teenage children (no seriously) I can't imagine schooling under these current circumstances

Thankful that it's Autumn, I can finally have some reprieve from Air Conditioning everywhere (I'll be singing a different tune come Winter 🤣)

8 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

I am so grateful to not having to put my 16 year old dog to sleep today. I know it is coming very, very soon, but I was not at all prepared for an emergency like this. Thank heavens for animal insurance and quick vet response.

Oh, I am sorry that you had to deal with that today, but am glad that the outcome was positive.

I had to say goodbye to my 18 year old cat earlier this year and I'm still heartbroken from it.