Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone I’m new here. Hope everyone is well 🥰 I’m just wondering if anyone can offer any tips before I go into surgery. I’m having the sleeve procedure:). Still awaiting a date but I just completed my last steps with pre op in order for them to give me a date. Thanks in advance . Much love and blessings 💚

11 hours ago, brebrexoxo said:

Hello everyone I’m new here. Hope everyone is well 🥰 I’m just wondering if anyone can offer any tips before I go into surgery. I’m having the sleeve procedure:). Still awaiting a date but I just completed my last steps with pre op in order for them to give me a date. Thanks in advance . Much love and blessings 💚

♥️ CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE ♥️

my only advice is to keep in mind the big picture and life as a whole. This will only be one of your many fantastic journeys

11 hours ago, brebrexoxo said:

One important piece of advice/knowledge that it seems nearly no bariatric program gives out is that stalls do happen, very commonly around the 3 week mark. If you use the search box on here and search "three week stall", you will find THOUSANDS of posts from people who had surgery and then suddenly hit a period of time (anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks) where the weight just won't come off. It is something that is very common but is almost always a temporary situation. If it happens to you, keep calm and keep to your doctor's diet plan. One of the easiest adjustments to make to help get out of that stall is to increase your physical activity a little. Stalls/plateaus are likely to happen but they do not signal the end of your weight loss. It's only temporary.

Also, start exploring Protein shakes/drinks/powders now, if you haven't already done so. This will be where the lion's share of your protein is going to come from post-op and you will want to find one (or two or three) options that you like before you have surgery. Otherwise, it's a miserable experience to try and find what you like immediately after surgery.

If you slip up on your diet, that does not mean it is the end of the world, but it IS something to be concerned about. It is something you will want to take corrective action on right away. The surgery is only a tool and if you don't make use of that tool, then you won't see the results that you want. If you have a slip-up, communicate with your doctor right away. Seek advice and assistance from your medical team (doctor, nutritionist, counselor, etc.) so that you can stay on track. Communication is key especially in this difficult time where in-person appointments are not always easy to come by.

Don't compare your weight loss to anyone else's. Every single person's physiology is unique. Your metabolism is different from mine and from everyone else on this site. As long as the numbers on the scale are going down, you are succeeding. Never forget that.

Lastly, this journey is a marathon, not a sprint. It is, quite literally, a lifelong journey. Use every pillar of support that you have to achieve success.

Congrats on completing your pre-op program and I hope that you get your surgery date soon!

Oh! And sugar free flavor syrups can be a godsend to keep from getting fatigued by the same flavor shake all the time. chocolate Protein Shake + SF Irish Creme Syrup = a very happy me!

Hello everyone I’m new here. Hope everyone is well [emoji3059] I’m just wondering if anyone can offer any tips before I go into surgery. I’m having the sleeve procedure:). Still awaiting a date but I just completed my last steps with pre op in order for them to give me a date. Thanks in advance . Much love and blessings [emoji172]
I should be scheduling today (I hope!) Also getting the sleeve [emoji4] Looking forward to following your journey!

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just got approved yesterday! My surgery is scheduled for Nov 3 but I am on a waiting list for an October date if one opens up. I am very excited. I hope your approval comes through soon. I am a bundle of nerves but more than anything, I can't wait for this new tool to help me shed the weight that has limited me for so many years. I hope we can all support each other through this journey. I have around 150 lbs to lose.

Cheering for you!

-M

On 9/24/2020 at 8:56 AM, Pandemonium said:

One important piece of advice/knowledge that it seems nearly no bariatric program gives out is that stalls do happen, very commonly around the 3 week mark. If you use the search box on here and search "three week stall", you will find THOUSANDS of posts from people who had surgery and then suddenly hit a period of time (anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks) where the weight just won't come off. It is something that is very common but is almost always a temporary situation. If it happens to you, keep calm and keep to your doctor's diet plan. One of the easiest adjustments to make to help get out of that stall is to increase your physical activity a little. Stalls/plateaus are likely to happen but they do not signal the end of your weight loss. It's only temporary.

Also, start exploring Protein shakes/drinks/powders now, if you haven't already done so. This will be where the lion's share of your Protein is going to come from post-op and you will want to find one (or two or three) options that you like before you have surgery. Otherwise, it's a miserable experience to try and find what you like immediately after surgery.

If you slip up on your diet, that does not mean it is the end of the world, but it IS something to be concerned about. It is something you will want to take corrective action on right away. The surgery is only a tool and if you don't make use of that tool, then you won't see the results that you want. If you have a slip-up, communicate with your doctor right away. Seek advice and assistance from your medical team (doctor, nutritionist, counselor, etc.) so that you can stay on track. Communication is key especially in this difficult time where in-person appointments are not always easy to come by.

Don't compare your weight loss to anyone else's. Every single person's physiology is unique. Your metabolism is different from mine and from everyone else on this site. As long as the numbers on the scale are going down, you are succeeding. Never forget that.

Lastly, this journey is a marathon, not a sprint. It is, quite literally, a lifelong journey. Use every pillar of support that you have to achieve success.

Congrats on completing your pre-op program and I hope that you get your surgery date soon!

16049712658355204661612382071337.thumb.jpg.f15bc64138ba80e6befbcd1dffdd23b8.jpg

Welcome here and good luck with your surgery. I had the sleeve 2 years ago. One piece of advice is to not compare your weight loss and journey to anyone else's weight loss and journey. So much depends on the size you started at, your age, your gender, and a whole host of other things so you can't play the comparison game. Just follow the program and know that stalls will happen (starts around Week 3 or 4) and just do the best you can.

Hello everyone I’m new here. Hope everyone is well [emoji3059] I’m just wondering if anyone can offer any tips before I go into surgery. I’m having the sleeve procedure:). Still awaiting a date but I just completed my last steps with pre op in order for them to give me a date. Thanks in advance . Much love and blessings [emoji172]
Walk as much as you can now to start losing weight before surgery. Getting your Water in and train yourself to eat small portions. meat size of a sausage pattie...veggie 1/3...fruit 1/3. Don't drink your Protein after you finish your stages. You have to eat small meals and walk everyday to get the weight off. I'm stuck now because I haven't been doing this. I'm sitting at the doctor now waiting to see if he suggest a pouch reset.< br>
Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app