Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op - Tylenol not working

Good morning everyone. I usually take liquid Advil for the arthrities in my knees...switched to extra strength Tylenol and it isn't doing anything for me. My knees are killing me from the inflamation and the pain. :cry Any suggestions? Thanks!!! Allheart

PS: How do you get all those cute pics under your name in your posts?

I am new to this board, and have a tenative band date of 12-27. I have noticed lots of you state that the heating pad is a lifesaver. Can I please ask just what you do with the heating pad? Is it for your back or your stomach? Curious??????????

I was told that I coul dnever take Ibuprofen or Aspirin again.....it will eat throught the tiny stomach.

I think the heating pad is a great idea and you can try to switch between heat and cold....using ice and then the heat, or try moist heat.

The heating pad is for my tummy and left side and into the left part of my back, I am three weeks out and I still use the heating pad. It is definately a lifesaver......I would recommend it to anyone being banded.

If you click on the name or ticker it will take you to the website where you can create your own.....then just copy it the your signature here under USERCP at the top.

Hope that helps!!

I too have arthritis (spinal) and experience numbness on the right side from the neck to the ankle...but I do walk every day 6/7 miles. I find that if I do not walk I am stiffer/more sore. I use a heating pad, daily on my right hip/knee & neck sometimes, was advised not to take ibuprofen EVER with the band.

I believe the eliptical machine has the least impact on your body for a cardio workout, I would try that route first if swimming is not really a viable option for you.

I love swimming - do it daily & did so up until last month (TX weather is flexible), so walking has become my new workout. Best of luck:)

Lulu