Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve post-op dizzy

its been over 2 yrs. Since my sleeve was done. Anyone else struggling with severe dizziness apon standing? Its been going on for about a yr now with me.

Mine isn’t related to weight loss but aortic insufficiency. I get dizzy from laying down to sitting and sitting to standing. Sometimes I get dizzy just sitting still. I would definitely bring it up to your doctor.

Sadly i did but they focused more on my constipation and didnt seem to care about my dizziness. But ive already fallen twice from it. Sometimes i gotta hold onto the wall for a min. Its starting to kinda scare me

I have it fairly badly, too, but I mostly just stand and wait for it to pass now. My doctors said nothing was wrong (after blood tests and a stress test) and asked me to try more electrolytes. It still happens, but not nearly as often.

If your doctor won't listen to you, get a second opinion. You are definitely entitled to finding someone who is willing to listen to you.

Someone told me to ask my dr. to check my B12 levels, cause they dont normally check those, and dizziness is the number one side effect from vit B12 deficiency.

Check your blood pressure. BP can drop significantly after surgery. I've known several others who have the same dizziness. Their surgeons attribute it to lower blood pressure.

Here's a hint. Don't go directly to standing. If you're laying down, sit for a few seconds on the side of the bed before standing.