Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rounding second base heading to third...

Currently awaiting approval through insurance for VSG. As I get closer, I get more nervous. This will be my first surgery and first time going under the gas being put out. Other than that, I am just trying to gain additional insight on how to prepare and what is popular post op such as Vitamins and getting in those grams of Protein immediately after surgery.

Currently awaiting approval through insurance for VSG. As I get closer, I get more nervous. This will be my first surgery and first time going under the gas being put out. Other than that, I am just trying to gain additional insight on how to prepare and what is popular post op such as Vitamins and getting in those grams of Protein immediately after surgery.

Nerves are perfectly normal, you've got this!! I found this guy's YouTube channel when I was preparing myself for my own surgery, and out of the VSG channels I've seen, his is my favorite and super accurate with no b.s... I'll post the link for one of his videos but the channel is called Fighting 400, he details everything from pre op diet to Vitamins to the surgery and recovery. Best wishes

Sent from my Alcatel_5008R using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the post...I will def look up his channel now!!!

It was my first surgery too, but I was eerily calm as a cucumber. It's not that bad. The first few days are a little rough, but it gets easier each day. I am SO happy I had my surgery -- I feel so much better. I've lost 40 lbs in 3 months..... Just 17 more lbs and I will be at my goal.

You got this. Do not worry. Just think about how much your life will change for the better once you have it done. I feel on top of the world right now. So happy and content. You will too!

You will do great! Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes for you.

Edited by Lanie992

Good luck!! It is honestly an amazing transition...the first week is rough but it gets better every day! And the surgery is not too bad...I slept through the whole thing! LMAO