Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recent RNY - How ya doing?

If you’ve had gastric bypass in the last few months how are you doing? How much weight have you lost? Any regrets or pleased with your decision to go with the bypass?

Hi! I just had RNY on August 4, and I’m doing really well. I didn’t get my weight on surgery day, but I’m down about 15 pounds from the beginning of August. I feel awesome, no nausea, really lucky. Are you thinking about getting the surgery?

I had gastric bypass on July 16. I've only lost 15 pounds since the surgery, which kind of sucks since I'm getting less than 500 calories per day and I feel like the weight should be flying off, but I'm trying to be patient because I know the weight loss will happen eventually. I am enjoying the fact that I have not felt hungry for a single moment since I woke up from surgery, and I hope that lasts. I had a very quick recovery with very little pain other than gas the first day, and I only took a week off from work. It's too soon to make a judgment on my decision... Ask me again in a year!

28 minutes ago, BigSue said:

I had gastric bypass on July 16. I've only lost 15 pounds since the surgery, which kind of sucks since I'm getting less than 500 calories per day and I feel like the weight should be flying off, but I'm trying to be patient because I know the weight loss will happen eventually. I am enjoying the fact that I have not felt hungry for a single moment since I woke up from surgery, and I hope that lasts. I had a very quick recovery with very little pain other than gas the first day, and I only took a week off from work. It's too soon to make a judgment on my decision... Ask me again in a year!

I think I mentioned to you at some point that I only lost 16 lbs the first month, and we started out about the same (I was a at a higher weight than you, but I'm also taller, so it's kind of a wash). I did end up losing all of my excess weight, so don't think a 15 lb drop is any indication that you're not going to be successful, because that's clearly not the case. Your level of commitment is what will determine your ultimate success, not your rate of weight loss.

12 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I think I mentioned to you at some point that I only lost 16 lbs the first month, and we started out about the same (I was a at a higher weight than you, but I'm also taller, so it's kind of a wash). I did end up losing all of my excess weight, so don't think a 15 lb drop is any indication that you're not going to be successful, because that's clearly not the case. Your level of commitment is what will determine your ultimate success, not your rate of weight loss.

Your story gives me hope... If my results are anywhere close to yours, I'll be happy, even if it takes a while to get there. Even though I know, intellectually, that my body is still adjusting to some big changes, it's annoying right now that I'm eating almost nothing and not losing much weight!

@whatatool

Hi! I had mine done 3 days ago and feel fantastic. I haven’t felt any pain or nausea so like you I’m feeling very lucky.

I had my surgery less then 24 hours ago, intact I am writing this in the hospital, after surgery the pain is unbearable, I am dry heaving everything with a little bit of throw up. Walking to move the air out is unbearable, I know it’s temporary but this is the worst pain I have ever been in, and I have had 4 C-sections. My doctors are great, and did remind me that I will be going home with hella Water retention. So weight loss may not show right away. Currently I am staying strong though.

RNY on July 6. Down 20 pounds post op and 15 pre-op. Feeling good with lots of energy. Doing cardio most days for 30 + minutes and getting about 9000 steps daily, total. Averaging around 600 kcals per day. Wish I did it years ago!

Had RNY on Aug 10th. Just weighed myself for the first time, 11 pounds gone! 😮

I am feeling okay, not in pain exactly but it feels a bit strange... bit bloated? Really need to get into a better water/protein routine though.

Had RNY 7/23/2020 down 28lbs since surgery. I am doing ok, still experiencing some sharp pains on my left side but nothing too bad. Working out daily by walking, spinning and doing youtube classes with the kiddos. My son loves it so much lol.

Edited by Repeatingthoughts

I had RYN on 8/4. 2 weeks today. Down 7 pounds. Eating about 500-600 calories and not hungry. Getting 55-70 grams of Protein. I had thought maybe I would be losing a little quicker but I think the first week I lost all the Water and inflammation from surgery.... and this 2nd week I haven’t lost anything. I am walking 3 times a day. I had a large hiatal hernia repaired at the same time so I have limitations on physical activity for a few more weeks. I feel good. No pain.

I had my surgery May 29th and I've lost about 80lbs so far and its mind blowing! I have some issues with phlegm because of my sinuses so lots of dry heaving every morning, but it's getting better. I still don't see the difference, but I see myself everyday. I feel alot better though and I'm trying new foods everyday and its exciting! I have no regrets!!

HW: 351lbs
CW: 271lbs

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

10 minutes ago, NerdySongBird said:

I had my surgery May 29th and I've lost about 80lbs so far and its mind blowing! I have some issues with phlegm because of my sinuses so lots of dry heaving every morning, but it's getting better. I still don't see the difference, but I see myself everyday. I feel alot better though and I'm trying new foods everyday and its exciting! I have no regrets!!

HW: 351lbs
CW: 271lbs

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Great effort, well done! I bet your clothes notice the difference, they must have been falling off you and you'd be into complete new sizes now. You'd be feeling a lot lighter on your feet too. If you had any weight related health issues, have they started to improve yet?

I had RNY on June 8th and I feel amazing. I healed fine without any complications. I am currently down 44lbs (74lbs total) since surgery. I probably would have lost more if I had made a few better decisions, but I am incredibly happy with my decision and am happy that it's working out for me.