Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Drinking Entire Protein Shake

I'm almost 2 weeks post-bypass, and despite an initially hellish first few days-have evened out quite well.

Something I've been experiencing: I can sit and drink an entire 11.5 oz Premier Protein drink in one sitting. I'm not chugging it-simply sitting and sipping it like I would Water while watching tv, etc. I feel sort of full after but not uncomfortable, nauseous or pukey. I did in fact run this past the medical team who said it was fine, and they initially start people on the 4 oz to sort of get them moving in the right direction, but I can sit and drink double that with little to no discomfort. (I'd say it can take me anywhere from 45-90 minutes.)

Anecdotally, has anyone else experienced this and still have weight loss/positive results? I want to make sure I'm not slowly stretching or moving too fast-I just want to make sure I get my Protein and feel full.

Thank you all for your stories in advance.

Edited by Guest

perfectly fine and normal. You will feel a lot more restriction once you start solids.

Yeah I was told to only sip 1oz at a time but from like day 3 I could drink half a cup of Water or Protein easily no issues at all.... I was drinking shakes long term personally stayed on the liquid diet for longer

I never had problems drinking things since day 1 and I was also worried about it, but I was fine. I didn't chug - but I certainly wasn't taking an hour or whatever to drink a Protein Shake. And it didn't affect my weight loss at all.

Fantastic, thank you for the responses. I guess I'll just enjoy it!

i initially was concerned about this. but i started to take larger sips, but if i go too large, i can feel it..

i can drink a fairlife one in like 30 mins.. whereas before, it took me almost an hour.

Glad things have settled for you now. In my first two weeks I used to dilute my shakes (50% more) & take a couple of hours to sip them. Helped me meet my fluid goals too. Same with Soups (put them in a small thermos to keep them hot). Mind you I only had 1 shake & a cup of Soup each day. While you’re sipping & consuming them over time, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Enjoy your fun liquids flow thru alot faster, Once you get on solid foods this will change.

13 hours ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

Enjoy your fun liquids flow thru alot faster, Once you get on solid foods this will change.

I always enjoy a hard dose of reality. 😋

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AmberFL

2 of the Biggest NSV thus far in my life; 1) my 6yr old daughter can wrap her arms around me for the first time ever! 2) My 12yr old son is having a basketball game for the parents vs. their players and I am playing with him! Its been awhile since I played basketball so I have been practicing lol but I would never had even volunteered to do this 70lbs ago! 
      This surgery has changed my life for the better!
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

That's fantastic!

• Newtransformation79

It has hit me today, as I sit in my chair at work that I don't have my belly sticking out to where it would hit the desk. Oh and I can cross my legs more comfortably. It amazes me just how much I have loss in inches vs actual pounds, I have lost 24 lbs all together. But I believe in inches all over about 3 inches. I am noticing more energy and have pep to my step. My skin is a lot clearer. My watch band is shorter by 3 notches. the little things are what I am noticing. When I bend over I don't feel out of breath or I am going to fall over ( weeble wobble). 
      I am having a hard time with my sweet tooth, it is very hard to not want to get some ice cream or chocolate. Candy I can do without. I have no craving really for that, just chocolate and ice cream. I have gone as far as taking Popsicle and putting them in my mixer with almond milk and making like ice cream with that/ sometimes I have added un-flavored protein powder. 
      I feel better everyday. The energy is great to have with having younger kids and being able to have the energy to keep up. 😃
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Manisha Sharma

Buy Dohar Set Online: Top Picks for Cozy Comfort & Style 
      Check out our top selections for cozy bedding, perfect for adding a touch of style to your bedroom while ensuring warmth and comfort. Find the best Dohar sets online for ultimate comfort and style.

Visit - https://amoliconcepts.com/product-category/throws-quilts-dohars/
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

If anyone has any advice on how to make your stomach feel better after you eat something you shouldn't have or at too fast, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! It's painful on both sides of my abdomen (like to the point I'm doubled over and using a hot water bottle in addition to medicine) and I'm really nauseous (the thought or smell of food is 🤢).
      · 0 replies
    • Mandirigma

Just wondering if any of the Type 2 Diabetics also have there blood glucose go high when having only a Premier Protein drink for breakfast?  How does Premier Protein compare to BOOST Glucose Control in your experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches