Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
  1. DimsumQueen

DimsumQueen

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Tunchi71

3 months later and down 60 lbs......is that good?
      · 1 reply
      1. Tunchi71

I ended up having the surgery on March 1st.

• spatty

June 17th is almost here. Picked up everything I need for my after surgery needs. After work will go home and finish packing a light overnight bag to make sure I don't forget anything. And the final countdown begins. Not nervous at all just looking forward to the call for my arrival time. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Fredeique2020  »  Catherinetheokay

I am 19 days post op and I am still struggling to drink the fluids. I am not even able to drink the protein shakes their now nasty to me , I tried the protein bars & it didn’t end well. I have chest pains & I can barely eat. I am weak & my mouth is always dry, and feeling nauseous. Can anyone provide any advise. At least I doing the vitamins. Recently my chest & stomach have a burning sensation. 
      · 1 reply
      1. SamanthaC12

I had a very difficult time finding protein shakes that tasted okay and didn't make me sick. I ended up drinking FairLife Core Power protein shakes. I love the chocolate (tastes like chocolate milk to me). I like to blend it with some ice and PB2 powder (or real PB) to give the smoothie consistency. I also found that if I put Panera's Turkey Vegetable soup through the blender, I could eat it. I survived off those two things. My chest pains were from the gas, which was incredibly bad and took so much longer than I expected to resolve. I'd definitely stay away from bars or anything solid until you've conquered liquids. I'd love to tell you the dry mouth will get better soon, but it didn't for me for a very long time (months). The plus to that was that I drank a ton of water. The good new is I suspect you are close to the light at the end of the tunnel on this first and hardest part of the journey. It gets SO much easier after this part.

• Crystalmoon

I am a week post op and I honestly feel like crap! I keep feeling so nauseous and I can’t get my self to drink a good amount of water. I honestly feel very regretful today. When does it get better? 
      · 1 reply
      1. adventuremomof4

By the third week you will feel some relief. Don't push yourself too much with quantity that first week. I just made sure to keep sipping and walking which helped me feel better.

• Crystalmoon

I honestly haven’t weighed myself since surgery, looking forward to doing it! 
      · 1 reply
      1. AAJamesdycle

Im happy 6251

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches