Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you 26th bandsters doing?

Well it is now day 4 since surgery and I feel really good. sleeping better and spacing out the tylenol longer than every 4 hours now. I feel very unsure of what to eat as I don't really feel any hunger. I have sf popsicles, sf Jello, Water, 1 Protein Drink made with 1% milk and yesterday I had a very mashed egg. I had some pain after the egg so will stick to liquid mushies. No nausea though.

I am so happy with my decision. I am so excited to get back to the gym and start this journey. I hope all of you are feeling well. Please lets keep in touch as it is so helpful to share this experience with others who know what you are going through both physically and mentally.

Hugs,

Barb

I was banded on the 26th also and I feel pretty good today.The best thing so far is that i'm never really hungry. I've had lots of gas though which is kind of freaky lol. But anywho hope your feeling great.

I'm doing pretty well. I'm still sleeping in the recliner but my back is starting to hurt from it so I hope I can get in my bed soon. I tried my bed last night and it just wasn't comfortable.

I still have quite a bit of port pain but not as painful as before. I can get up and down without holding a pillow to it or feeling like I'm going to rip it out.

All bodily functions are working normally as of yesterday if you get what I mean...

I'm down just over 6 pounds since surgery day. I wish I could say that I'm not hungry but I do have hunger. I also have had some gas. It's not painful, just uncomfortable at times. Walking gets rid of it just fine.

I do feel like I have a bowling ball in my tummy. It just feels bloated and heavy. I'm looking forward to that feeling going away.

Any others want to check in. :girl_hug:

Hi Pierre and Hungryforchange Sounds like we are all slowly coming along. I had a good nights sleep last night. What a difference taht makes!!! Slept on my side and it felt great once I finally got in a comfy position. I noticed that some of the swelling has gone down too. Port site is still really tender though and sometimes if I have been up for too long it really hurts. Good sign to go sit and park it for a while. Take good care and keep in touch.

Barb

I feel pretty darn good. The port site is sore but not unreasonable. I can sleep on both sides with a little support from a pillow. I have been drinking "Whey To Go" Protein powder...available a Whole Foods, along with my calcium citrate powder mixed in with milk and it tastes good. The creamy Soups in the box and are satisfying, as well as applesauce, yoghurt and jell-o. The gas has subsided and or releases when it should. Does anyone have any suggestions about a bra that won't rub on the upper incision site? I thought of a sports bra that is like a tank top that covers it all. I have to go back to work on 12-4 in business attire, so I can't go without one. I haven't slept through the night yet and I don't want to rely on liquid Vicodan to put me out, so I just try to psyche myself into getting back to sleep by thinking what a great thing I have done for myself as well as my family. http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

i was banded on the 27th. soo close!

I feel really great. been walking around [even some outlet malls 2 days after]. am amazed by how little food we are all eating. or i mean. drinking.

I am still sore- but am able to sleep through the night, drive, and tomorrow I go back to work.

so excited to be on this road with all of you! good luck!!!!to all

I am doing pretty good so far. I don't really have any pain in my tummy area. I am having horrible shoulder pain... I guess from the gas used during surgery. It is just in my left side and hurts really really bad. If I get get out a good burp (or something else) that releases the pressure a bit. The gas-x strips aren't really helping either.

Well it's one week today. I feel better, but nowhere near to normal sorry to say. The port pain which was previously the worst thing is lessening and I can live with it at this point. I am tired of the "bowling ball in my belly" feeling though. My stomach is still distended and sometimes there is so much pressure that it hurts and it feels heavy. It's really just more uncomfortable than any kind of pain.

My energy is nowhere near back to normal. I can sit up and work at my desk just fine but taking a shower wears me out. I went to Target today to look at some Christmas decorations and I couldn't really enjoy myself (mostly because my son was acting up).

I'm still sleeping in the recliner and I try to get in bed every night but just can't do it. Mostly it feels like my stomach is too heavy and presses on my back or on my incisions.

Right now I am upset that I feel like I'm missing time with my son. He's a very active 3 year old and I'm stuck in a chair or slowly walking around the house. I just want to be back to normal. I'm really getting tired of it. frown.gif

hungryforchange, hang in there....

Sounds like you might be slightly dehydrated or not getting enough Protein. Also, are you taking a daily Multivitamin? I use a liquid Vitamin that's not too bad and make sure I get at least 8 glasses of Water in.

I understand about your son. I have a 2.5 yr old who loves to climb in my lap and read books or play dolls with me. I've had to forgo that (I got banded 11/30) for a couple of weeks and my other two (11 and 8) and my wonderful husband step in but it's still not the same.

I see this as one of those valleys we'll have to get through to make it to the next peak. This is life changing and will eventually be one of the most wonderful things we've ever done for ourselves.

If you keep feeling this fatigued, call your dr. Good luck and keep posting. We're always here for you!

hungryforchange, hang in there....

Sounds like you might be slightly dehydrated or not getting enough Protein. Also, are you taking a daily Multivitamin? I use a liquid Vitamin that's not too bad and make sure I get at least 8 glasses of Water in.

I understand about your son. I have a 2.5 yr old who loves to climb in my lap and read books or play dolls with me. I've had to forgo that (I got banded 11/30) for a couple of weeks and my other two (11 and 8) and my wonderful husband step in but it's still not the same.

I see this as one of those valleys we'll have to get through to make it to the next peak. This is life changing and will eventually be one of the most wonderful things we've ever done for ourselves.

If you keep feeling this fatigued, call your dr. Good luck and keep posting. We're always here for you!

For me, it was keeping the 18-pound poodle mix off my lap. I kept a pillow over my stomach the first few weeks because he can spring up out of nowhere! :)

Well what a difference a couple of days can make. I got my period yesterday and actually started to feel better throughout the day. I usually feel worse BEFORE my period and then better once it starts so that makes sense. Today I have a lot more energy, the gas is subsiding and I've been sleeping better. Incision pain is almost completely gone, but I can still feel only a twinge in my port site around the muscles. The glue is starting to peel from my incisions and they seem to be healing just fine. I was able to lay on the bed on my side this afternoon but I'll probably sleep in the recliner one more night. I'll be happy to be back in my bed.

I'm also no longer constantly hungry. I originally thought that I had no restriction but now I know that I do. I cannot drink a full Protein shake and can only eat so much creamy type Soups and then I feel full and satisfied.

As soon as 100% of this gas is gone and the little pains that I feel under my breastbone are gone, I think I'll be better than new. :)

I did have my first down moment last night. I was looking at youtube videos about lap band and there are some really depressing lap band videos put out by a dr who does lap band revisions. I had to stop watching them because they were so depressing! I reminded myself that while the lap band may not work for all, most seem to be very happy.

I also had lap band surgery the 26th. It is just over a week and I still take vicodin at night to sleep but do ok other wise. No real energy but drink my shakes and have a Protein Soup at night. I also add sugar free Jello and pop cycles. I have been in my bed since my third night. I have a little squishy pillow, you know the kind with little beads inside, and I put that up tight against me and it holds everything in place more comfortably and helps me sleep. I wear out fast but have been shopping twice (Walmart & Costco) and did ok. Just needed to eat and rest when done. I also where a band around my middle which helps pull things in tight. I too am hungry and am still on liquids like before surgery. My doctor had me on liquids for 6 weeks before. I have lost 11 lbs since surgery which looks about the same as those of you witht he chart. I gotta learn how to do that. Good luck to all..I think every day gets better.

hey kathie...it's sucks that you have to be hungry..and still drink shakes. I got my band on the 26th and now its Dec 5th and I started eating 7 days ago. I can eat pizza, Pasta , bread and pretty much anything really. And I went back to sleeping normally like the secound day after my surgery. I geuss were all diff, just glad to be me lol :)