Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry but I needed to share.

I'm not sure why but the first time for me I've been feeling really bloated in my belly like never before.

Feels tight and uncomfortable. I'm 8 months post RNY.

I will admit I've had some sugary things this week but it never bothered me like this before.

Feel like I need to go toilet but nothing happening.

Might need to get some laxatives tomorrow.

Been trying coffee and Vitamin C I'm not sure what it is I might have missed a couple days of Vitamins but nothing major.

For the first time in months I feel like I'm retaining Water or something..... my sleeping hasn't been good this week either and if I don't sleep enough I don't drop water weight either..

Hopefully it will pass in a few days...

Really uncomfortable feeling...

I know you've read this a thousand times here, but chronic Constipation is a very common problem for post-ops, both RNY and VSG.

you have to find something that works for you and keep on top of it. A lot of us take a capful of Miralax every day. I'm not sure if it has the same name in Australia, but the generic name is polyethylene glycol. It's safe to take every day. I put a capful in my Protein Shake every morning.

others take things like stool softeners, Smooth Move tea, magnesium tablets. Some eat a few prunes every day. Just find something - or a combination of things - that work for you.

Even though I take Miralax every day, I still get backed up maybe twice a month. When I do, I take Milk of Magnesia for a night or two - it usually does the trick. Unlike Miralax, though, that should NOT be taken every day - you should only take that when needed.

So deal with your current "jam", and once it's cleared, get started on a safe treatment every day to prevent it from happening again.

P.S. the constipation is probably causing the bloating. You have air backed up in there that can't get through because of the "jam"

Edited by catwoman7

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well! That bloating, and stuff is just such an awful feeling. I am a VGS person but when that starting happening to me, my dietician told me it might be the effect of a lactose intolerance that bariatric patients sometimes develop after surgery.

Have you had milk products lately, like pudding or ice cream or cheese? I found out that even the Protein Drinks I was having every day are milk-based. Once I cut out the lactose, my symptoms improved immensely!

Anyway, just a thought :)

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Not sure what it was or what I ate but I had a bunch of prunelax tablets and some psyllium husk pills and after few hours I was going to the toilet and the next day I was better and lost that bit of Water weight and back to normal now :)

I really like benefiber. it is truly flavorless even in a glass of Water. this plus 1tbs of chia seeds blended in a Protein Shake seems to help me. I used to consume 2-3tbs of chia seeds pre-op and was always regular, but now that i can't take in that much post-op, the benefiber has helped to fill in the gap a little.