Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all. I'm new to BariatricPal and am hoping to draw on everyone's experiences and advice :-)

I'm three years post sleeve and have been plateaued at the same weight for two of those years. I was enjoying the weight/wardrobe stability too much to do anything about it, but now things need to be addressed as the regain has started.

Starting weight 275

Surgery weight 259

Current weight 193

Lowest 189

Goal 150

I know it doesnt seem like much, but I've been up as high as 197, which is WELL beyond the normal flux.

I signed up for weight watchers but it's simply not doing anything for me! I've been following the plan really well 90% of the time. I started a Pouch Reset Plan but I don't think my sleeve is stretched out, as I'm still feeling full after about 3/4 cup of food. I went and saw the weight management doc and they told me to up my caloric intake to 1700 cal/day, but I did that for a month and nothing changed.

I think I need to start exercising more, I tend to average out to half an hour of light exercise about three days a week (walking, mostly, though I just restarted the c25k program and I've been working through the Nintendo RingFit Adventire :-D)

I'm a shift worker (paramedic) in Canada.

Any ideas/advice?

Sent from my SM-G950W using BariatricPal mobile app

Some things to try.

Years out, Some go back to bariatric real food plan. Others find a new diet plan (keto, paleo, vegan,whole30 intermittent fasting) Choose a plan that works for you.

Log your food in an app. You can dial your calories up or down to find where your weight loss zone is. Weight loss calories are different for each of us. It's not a one size fits all instruction. Do you have a Protein and carb ratio to stay in?

How tall are you?

I'm 5'2", 115lbs and I maintain at min 1800 cals when I don't exercise (I can take in more when I do).

Though in any case, I agree with the above poster. Log your food (if anything to determine how much you are really taking in), and adjust as needed.

Good Luck!

@afterthought:

The only real nutrition advice I was given after the program was 60g Protein, 2L Water, and a Multivitamin with x amount of Iron per day (I dont remember the exact amount, I'm 45mg/day and bloodwork likes that number). I was also advised that my diet from now on should be protein and produce, which makes sense, but occasionally I like to have a slice of bread, you know? :-)

Sent from my SM-G950W using BariatricPal mobile app

I was just gonna say what the others have said "log your food"

I gained ten pounds when I stopped logging my food.

As soon as I started logging calories, the weight started to go down.

yes - log food and figure out how many calories you're currently averaging a day - and cut back gradually from there until you start losing again. Once people are out a ways from surgery, the number of calories it takes to maintain or lose varies tremendously depending on a lot of different factors, so you'll just have to experiment to find your range. I can maintain on 1700 and lose on 1500, but that seems to be on the high side for women. A lot can only eat around 1200 to maintain. So again, you'll have to experiment to see what level works for you.

and yes - increasing exercise can help a bit (and is great for your overall health), but as they say, weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, so you'll have to adjust your food intake as well.