Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Random strangers keep mocking my appearance now

Okay, I know the title sounds sorta' childish... but it is really really bothering me.

I was NEVER made fun of when I was fat. Ever. No one ever commented on my appearance.

But for the FOURTH time in two weeks, random internet assholes have made fun of how I look. This morning I woke up to some girl commenting on a totally unrelated post I made that "weight loss and anorexia is bad for the skin and I look old af" and the other day some guy said it "looks like I don't have any face left".

Like really cruel, eff'd up comments about my weight and my slim face. I don't engage; I just delete my comment and the entire thread. But it's really starting to hurt my feelings. I am finally happy and healthy but now I get mercilessly mocked for being a normal weight?? I don't understand. Even my mom has been saying things about how thin I am and how thin my face looks and it bothers me. My boss even makes comments about how I am thin and how she doesn't understand why I don't gain any weight because she does see me eat pizza and stuff sometimes.

My doctors all say I am a healthy weight and my labs are fine. I feel like I look fine. I do feel like my face is a tiny bit too skinny, but I can't help where the weight came off. I am certainly not anorexic. I know I shouldn't let the comments of strangers (or anyone) bother me, but it really does. This is definitely NOT something I expected to have happen. I'm just feeling really down this morning... I think because the last month or so in particular I've been getting a lot of negative feedback from all over the place about how I look. I'm not here to please anyone with my appearance, but I wish people would just mind their own business. I know it's the internet and trolls exist but this is totally unexpected ****. I feel like I could cry.

WTF?!? People are messed up. I know it's cruel and people should mind their own business. The important thing is that you did it for YOUR health and well being, not theirs. It's how YOU feel about it that matters. The internet is a harsh place, people can say some cruel sh*t and hide behind their anonymity. Try to ignore these low-lifes and focus on your success.

Haters are going to hate... Online trolls who hide behind the keyboard are miserable within themselves. Don’t let them rain or your parade! You’re beautiful and healthy now, continue to embrace it. 😀

Some people are $hitty. Negativity and hate says more about them and nothing true about you.

I can understand how this made you feel. Don't doubt yourself. You are a healthy BMI. Most people don't know what a healthy BMI looks like. Some comments are less than helpful when you are adjusting to your appearance.

Don't let people's behavior, opinion or rejection play with your emotions. Be so confident in who you are that no one can shake you*

Trolls are everywhere - They have issues and get a sort of sick pleasure being mean. Just let it go you are happy and you are healthy

Who really gives a flying F@#ck what others say or do! Karma is a b***h they will get there payback